IT'S YOUR OPEN THREAD for episode 1302 "Robot Wars," starting tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

The aliens that we can’t see in the inevitable future might!

2 Likes

Every time I see the name of this one, I think it should just be a couple episodes of the old Robot Wars teevee show that was hosted by the guy from Red Dwarf.

8 Likes

I love the Friday afternoon vibe around here on show days. Like happy hour at the Gizmoplex bar.

8 Likes

We live in a simulation that serves as a cautionary tale to students about what happens if don’t improve our posture, appreciate our parents and stay away from juvenile delinquency.

[This simulation is brought to you by Coronet VR]

5 Likes

Will White Dot make another appearance? WHITE DOT! WHITE DOT! WHITE DOT!

4 Likes

What if tonight’s episode is a big April Fools joke? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I posted this in the Robot Wars recipe thread, and I’ll post it again here.

I’m figuring out some kind of cookie/bar/small dessert to go with each of this season’s episodes as part of a project called We’ve Got Cookie Sign. I’m basing them on the content of each movie rather than just the title, largely because things like “Robot Wars” don’t immediately lend themselves to an immediate cookie connection.

If you want something to munch on while you re-watch Santo in the Treasure of Dracula, though, might I suggest these Chocolate-Chipotle Luchador Shortbread?

15 Likes

If White Dot does not make an appearance I predict a riot in the theater.

6 Likes

Oh, yeah. Blood Dolls is one of my favorite bad movies, and I think is on the tamer side as far as nudity, but all the BDSM stuff might be a bit much for MST3K (though I highly recommend putting it on at parties, because everyone I showed it to had a blast!)

5 Likes
4 Likes

Craig Charles.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Beat you to it.

2 Likes

moam? related robot tuneage:

2 Likes

This reminds me… I will personally be petitioning the U.N. until wars are fought the way they’re meant to be fought-

WITH GIANT ROBOTS ON THE MOON!

4 Likes

Best version of Electric Avenue ever.

1 Like

Will we be able to see this one in the Kingadome Theater, or is that still being worked on?

2 Likes

With commentary from Shouty McShoutface from Match of the Day.

3 Likes

Looks like I’ll have to work the public night at the observatory tonight so won’t be able catch the show live. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

If it is a simulation, I just want to know who to send bug reports to?

Like this history repeating itself? Really annoying.

And don’t get me started on bugs like loneliness and insomnia…

SMH

6 Likes