IT'S YOUR OPEN THREAD for episode 1302 "Robot Wars," starting tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

E-C-DUB!
E-C-DUB!
E-C-DUB!
E-C-DUB!

4 Likes

Are there plans to do the episode like the last one where it gets reposted on its own with subtitles? That was really helpful for rewatching.

6 Likes

Amen on the new season.

All the same, here’s to you having a terrific birthday and enjoying the new live event when you get the chance to see it.

Also, welcome to the forums!

8 Likes

Oh, that was excellent!

Great choice of film, lots of great riffs (and the riff pacing was spot on!)

The first bit with the bots gossiping went on a bit too long, but the rest were great.

Loved the April Fool’s joke (the white spot stuff is going to have to stick around for the mass launch or folks are going to get lost!)

Baron and Doctor Cabal!!

And now confession time: I have the soundtrack to this movie. The funny part? I didn’t realise I had the soundtrack to the movie until I heard the opening music. I’m a fan of David Arkenstone and found a bunch of CDs in a used shop. Never put the two together until now.

Sound was much better for this one. The Mads and SoL bits seemed better balanced as well.

Looking good gang!

8 Likes

If I win the lottery, I’m gonna get the IP rights to the lost episodes. Once all 13 seasons are complete, I’ll make sure your MST3K Drive-In has content for as long as possible.

7 Likes

Great show. I really enjoyed the after show comments and discussion from Joel, Lesley, Ivan and Matt - very honest, insightful and interesting. It makes me feel good to be able to support such a deserving team. What a wonderful effort from them all. Well done.

11 Likes

THIS HAS ME ABSOLUTELY PSYCHED

I love that they can keep expanding the boundaries of the MST3Kverse with new characters like Dr. Donna St. Phibes and Dr. Cabal, THE STRANGE FINANCIER FROM THE FUTURE.

9 Likes

9 Likes

These discussions are always the best. Loved the one we had about Manos two weeks ago with Jackey Neyman Jones.

8 Likes

ah, so Puppet Master 54 was an 'in" joke.

2 Likes

That’s my birthday too! Jinx! Umm that works for birthdays right ??

3 Likes

Woo hoo!!

1 Like

Season 13 is off to an awesome start!! These premiere live streams have been a lot of fun and perfect for Friday nights. Keep up the good work!

10 Likes

There’s a real lively party atmosphere and community environment to these Friday night MST3K events, and it’s something fantastic, something I wish we had during the Netflix years.

And now we have it… and that rocks!

5 Likes

Also also, although I wasn’t here for most of the open thread, here’s to welcoming these folks to the forums as well:

@Drweidner
@thok47
@Razorback4life
@ManiacClown
@Knotthead

Glad to have y’all here!

11 Likes

well yeah. they built things right back then. took pride in their work, ya’know?
didn’t just throw stuff together like they do now.
stuff was made to last.

1 Like

This is the best review I’ve ever read.

Put it on the poster!

13 Likes

And, wipe your feet!

5 Likes

Well, I reckon it wouldn’t be a proper live thread if I didn’t end up in like jail.

7 Likes

I would love that, but also hate it because wherever it could be, it would never be able to exist in a place near enough to all the people who would most appreciate it.

1 Like