IT'S YOUR OPEN THREAD for episode 1302 "Robot Wars," starting tonight at 8pm ET / 5pm PT, only in the Gizmoplex!

I don’t look at the chats or forum livestream threads during the show because my attention is all on the show until it’s done. Last Friday I came in afterwards to find I was 1,600 posts behind in this thread.

5 Likes

i absolutely loved this episode. “Blanche from the Golden Girls wasn’t this horned out”
"Drake Drake, Rooty toot toot, Drake Drake, rooty toot toot.

4 Likes

there was one thing missing, maybe i missed it… there was no karatekid 2 riff. we had both Chozen and Sato from that movie in this…and nothing

5 Likes

I can swear I remember someone saying “Mr Miyagi” at some point.

4 Likes

hahahah . ill have to rewatch it lol. totally worth it.

4 Likes

same lol

2 Likes

I was in this thread until it was clear my stream was 60-90 seconds behind others, so I closed the window to focus on the show and not get spoilered. Came back to 1200 or so new posts during the post-game show. And of course that number kept ticking up as I was getting caught up. :man_shrugging: :rofl:

5 Likes

Were you on Roku? I had the same issue and I’m wondering if I should try a different tech for the next showing.

1 Like

Can someone explain the “rooty toot toot” thing? I don’t get the reference and all I got from googling was some weird old animated short and some John Mellencamp lyrics. I don’t get the second banana angle.

4 Likes

It was just a lame generic sidekick catchphrase they came up with.

5 Likes

Yeah, I was on Roku. I’ve seen that across multiple different programs on different streaming services. Apparently the Roku just takes a little longer to stream.

It isn’t a big deal to me - being a minute or so behind true “live” is close enough that it counts the same.

2 Likes

I didn’t mind but I did make a conscious effort to stay slightly behind real time in the chat to avoid spoilers.

1 Like

i think it just goes along with nonsensical things stumpy was saying. i dont know of any specific reference. but i was having an aweful case of deja vu during that whole segment. and i dont know why. lol

2 Likes

…She’s not going to sign her time card, is she? :joy:

7 Likes

It’s too bad that the episode leading into it couldn’t be a Joe Don Baker movie :wink:

3 Likes

I stopped about 34 minutes in, where the guy who feels like he’d feel right at home in leading space mutiny and stumpy are facing off some bad guys on rocky hills.

So far, I oddly kind of like this one. filled with star wars sound effects too. And I swear that the sound of the robots walking was also in TMNT 1987 somewhere, but can’t quite place it…

3 Likes

i CAN’T WAIT TO SEE EPISODE 13301

1 Like

Time to cryogenically freeze yourself, my friend.

2 Likes

Folks, the official thread for the 5/7 Livestream of Robot Wars is here: THAT'S NO MOON, That's Your OPEN THREAD! Tonight's premiere livestream features ROBOT WARS, starting at 8pm ET / 5pm PT!

Join us, won’t you?

4 Likes

Yep, thank you, closing this one now!

3 Likes