It's your OPEN THREAD for the first Gizmoplex event of 2023: Crow T. Robot hosts the FESTIVAL OF SHORTS!

Crow redoing This Island Earth? Can’t be as bad as Earth vs Soup, right?

Finally caught up with this. This is a great way to revisit shorts, so hopefully we’ll see more of them in the future. Crow’s hosting was appropriately Crow-like, the new short was great, and I loved seeing Kinga and Max in the theater.

I loved the Gadget riff, and even my wife, who was reading at the time, laughed at that one.

8 Likes

Considering I’m also an Oliver I second that as well!

3 Likes

The Mads Are Back also riffed the entire Mr. B Natural short in their Night of Shorts 8 from July 2022, complete with a Bridget Nelson post show interview!

7 Likes

I would love to see:
Alphabet Antics
Here Comes The Circus
Cheating
Design For Dreaming
The Days of our Years

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Mr B Natural Title Error

I’m looking around the gizmoplex site and still have yet to find details on the final events. I was wondering specifically if we will get a 12th short? There are 11 up on the Season 13: The Digital Collection page. I seem to remember 12 being the target number after the Kickstarter concluded.

The ticket images here: GIZMOPLEX PASS: 12 Months (3/4/22 - 2/28/23) - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

show “premiere of a new short” for each of the three remaining events. I’m assuming one of them will have the last short. (unless the re-riff of Mr B Natural doesn’t count as a new short)

The Jan 20 event is the Tribute to Overdrawn and the Memory Bank, which is usually when they’ve premiered the shorts in the past. No word yet on what the last two will be.

5 Likes

Thank you for the info and link!

I love MST3k, this community and all of the MSTies!! Looking back, I’m just so glad we shared a moment in time together and I’m looking forward to seeing us seeing more in the future!!

7 Likes

What I do, I do for the people.

8 Likes

When I was watching The Selling Wizard, I couldn’t help but think of my local branch of Iceland, which has chiller cabinets very much like that in appearance:

Along with five checkouts of which only two ever seem to staffed at any one time.

3 Likes

Much like Lidl, if more than half of the checkouts are open it means the end times are nigh.

3 Likes

Which people though?

The Selling Wizard did a pretty good job at what it was intended to do… sell display freezers to retailers. The girl was there to keep the viewers (i.e., men… all of them) from dozing off during an otherwise long and boring presentation.

I wonder who the model was?

7 Likes

We enjoyed revisiting that one on Friday. The way Tom goes bananas over the fourth freezer option really cracked us up.

4 Likes

The ones who don’t ask questions.

7 Likes

Damn it, I knew I wasn’t part of the cool crowd.

4 Likes

Everyone knows a lack of curiosity is the coolest trait around.

6 Likes

I’ve never been cool. Why start now?

6 Likes