It's your OPEN THREAD for the first Gizmoplex event of 2023: Crow T. Robot hosts the FESTIVAL OF SHORTS!

The first-ever Festival of Shorts! And the premiere of TWO new shorts! I love it, I love it, I love it!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :smiley:

7 Likes

You’re not even going to tell us how to do that, are you Lesley? Mean. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

By the way, did I miss where the shorts being shown are listed or is it a surprise?

5 Likes

Tonight will be the premiere, so it’s all gonna be one great big funky surprise!

(I just double-checked the shorts that are available in the Season Pass just to be sure.)

6 Likes

I am bracing myself for more of the (filmed prior to The Christmas Dragon) disclaimer - I’m not so greedy as to hope for a peek ahead in-universe.

Unless, you know, they want to give us one, that would be OK too :eyes:

7 Likes

[Kiefer Sutherland narration]

All riffs occur in real time.

4 Likes

WOOHOO! So excited to this celebration of Shorts!

Just know this is going to be so much fun!

Let’s do this!

6 Likes

Of course they do, buddy. I should really just relax.

5 Likes

mst3k424evil somehowpalpatinereturned

8 Likes

Heh… but have we ever REALLY followed that advice on relaxing, now? :rofl:

4 Likes

:grimacing:
Yeah, no.

5 Likes

Try reloading the site while holding shift, and let us know if it still doesn’t work?

Should be fixed now!

5 Likes

You know what would be complete insanity? If one of the shorts riffed is… Crow Poops Cubes. I don’t remember if it actually got made, I just remember it from Turkey Day 2021 and thought of a potentially meta moment.

2 Likes

A lotta premieres down, 3 more to go. And then, we’ll have to wait for the unknown 35th anniversary surprise.

3 Likes

The traditional 35th anniversary gift is coral, so I’m assuming that it’s going to be something nautical or a bunch of people making fun of how Rick Grimes talks on The Walking Dead.

6 Likes

Alternatively, at 35, MST3K could be launching its U.S. presidential campaign.

6 Likes

It’s going to be something else when MST3K is eligible for AARP membership in another 15 years…

5 Likes

I’m proud to announce that not only has Big McLargeHuge defied his ban (by the nature of the festival) but he cannot be ejected

2 Likes

Everyone got your Nair?

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is the surprise “might” be all ocean-themed?

2 Likes