It's your OPEN THREAD for the first Gizmoplex event of 2023: Crow T. Robot hosts the FESTIVAL OF SHORTS!

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

simpsonshomerdisappears

4 Likes

The King version of Mr B Natural is about 30 seconds longer than the original. Anyone catch what was added/not cut from the original version?

2 Likes

There’s a short I’d like to see them do, but it’s close to Catching Trouble territory, so I’m not sure it’ll happen.

1 Like

Truly thought that wouldn’t make it in.

8 Likes

It’s one of those inspired spit-take jokes that makes you think, “Did they just… OH GOD, THEY DID.”

6 Likes

Food Safe: To Eat

2 Likes

I would LOVE more Kinga & Max riffs. Their chemistry and timing is perfect! Day & Oswalt riff like they were part of the Best Brains crew (and considering Patton made commercials FOR MST3K back on Comedy Central, that tangentially makes him as part of the original experience as Penn Jillette speaking over the end credits!).

Seriously, future seasons: more shorts riffing from Kinga, Max, Pearl, and Synthia!

9 Likes

Coming soon:
Max: C’mon, Kinga. We can do this
Kinga: Well, I’D RATHER NOT. But, yeah, we can do this, and do it better than the clones. We’ll show that Synthia.

2 Likes

I had a fabulous time tonight!

The Festival of Shorts was very well put together with the Crow hosted bumpers, selection of classics, one from last year, a brand-new one and the re-riff of a classic!

Always great to participate with fellow MSTies! New year, same exceptional fanbase!

Thank you and as always:
GIZMOPLEX FOREVER!

8 Likes

In a similar vein (and to alienate a number of people who don’t know what I’m talking about, but maybe just maybe introduce a smaller number of people to something wonderful), I keep wishing for Penn Jillette to be locked in a motel room and forced to listen to every Residents release from 1982 to present.

1 Like

Feels very Patty/Selma/Richard Dean Anderson. Go for it
talking season 3 GIF

2 Likes

The answer is yes. Generally for aiding reloading i.e. pushing the slider back and chambering the next round.

Anyway, first time I’ve seen that short. What a bizarre one.

1 Like

And Max gets nothing, which tracks.

4 Likes

FWIW, the “Broom Cupboard” means something very different to a British TV viewer:

I keep remembering Kinga’s quiet, emphatic “…I hate this” and giggling. Not since Giant Servo’s “MOVIE BAD” in Out of This World has a riff so touched me with its simple purity. :rofl:

6 Likes

Hired, for sure! My absolute favorite of the shorts!

3 Likes

Thank you for that Gadget riff. It was one of those that hit you right in the nostalgia and light you up like a pinball machine. :sun_with_face:

7 Likes

Vincent’s domestic violence and drinking problems resulted in him dying in obscurity. It took a month before TMZ knew he’d died.

Servo forgot Friend by Goo Goo Dolls and some Kevin Kline movie that came out shortly after this. My feelings about Crow, exactly.

AfraidGenuineDipper-max-1mb

Crow redoing This Island Earth? Can’t be as bad as Earth vs Soup, right?