It's your OPEN THREAD for tonight's FINAL backers-only preview screening of episode 1303: BEYOND ATLANTIS!

…and YOU get and open thread, and YOU get an open thread, and everybody gets an open thread for tonight’s event: BEYOND ATLANTIS!! The SS Sid Haig sets off for pearl-snatching adventure at 8pm ET / 5pm PT.

Also, tonight you’ll meet the newest faces (and voices) to occupy an SOL as Emily Connor and her robot pals make their debut.

Drop any questions you’ve got in the Livestream Q&A category for this event and we may answer them during the aftershow!

Thanks, all! #SeeYouInTheGizmoplex!

40 Likes

My question is: does anybody really try and determine if pearls are real vs. simulated by rubbing them on their teeth? Would it even work? Or is that just something movies and TV made up?

14 Likes

No no no, you’re supposed to eat them. If they come out looking the same, they’re real. If they dissolve in your digestive tract, they’re fake. Also maybe go to a hospital.

25 Likes

Can’t, I have plans.

15 Likes

Who let you out of the lab?

15 Likes

I think I heard this woman* talking to him through the door earlier.

*or portions thereof

the-brain-that-wouldnt-die2

9 Likes

How many opportunities were there to make “Beyond Thunderdome” jokes while writing this one, and did you take them all?

16 Likes

I hope no one will be clutching those pearls.

7 Likes

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

New MST3K Day, y’all! :smiley:

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18 Likes

bitegold

I think that’s just that whole biting gold thing.

7 Likes

Hey All! Looking for some MST3k-related snacks vaguely related to this season? I’ve got you covered.

Last month, for Santo and the Treasure of Dracula, there’s Chocolate-Chipotle Luchador Shortbread:

And in honor of the very cheesy, VERY 90s Robot Wars, this month I made Savory Dunkaroos:

I’ll figure something in honor of tonight’s film once I’ve seen the episode. Enjoy!

22 Likes

Looking forward to the riffy goodness later! See most of you there.

Pizza GIF

12 Likes

I just hope that Animatronic!Crow and Servo aren’t empty-shelled mindless husks compared to Jonah’s bots.

6 Likes

Oh no! We must protect Mary Jo, our precious Pearl, from any attempted snatching!

13 Likes

NEEWWWWW EPISODEEEEEE! Time to celebrate good times!

11 Likes

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

thefarsidecomeup

6 Likes

I can’t wait! I’m counting down the hours.

4 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :smiley:

Also:

7 Likes

Fun (?) fact: Andrew WK is my riffing white whale. Every season I try to land at least one AWK joke in a final script, and every season I fail. SOMEDAY IT’LL HAPPEN.

18 Likes