It's your OPEN THREAD for tonight's FINAL backers-only preview screening of episode 1303: BEYOND ATLANTIS!

14 Likes

Seeing that movie in a second run theater was one of the best movie experiences I ever had, in part because it was the first time I was allowed to stay out waaaay past my curfew. Dad bent rules for Trek.

9 Likes

[screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeams]

I BELIEVE IN YOU :smiley:

It’s like how Elliott Kalan was talking about how he was so proud of working (or that someone worked) very specific East Coast riffs in Season 11, like stuff dealing with the Mummers Parade and the Mount Airy Lodge jingle.

And he said that he REALLY wanted to be able to work in a Milford Plaza jingle in a future episode, because holy cats, that’s MASSIVELY obscure East Coast:

(And I would freak out over either instance, Andrew WK and/or the Milford Plaza.)

8 Likes

That’s cool!

Sounds like you’ve got a pretty rad dad.

4 Likes

I’m so excited for Emily’s first episode! I wasn’t able to attend the Time Bubble Tour last year but I heard from word of mouth that she was really good, so I can’t wait!

7 Likes

craigrobinson

“It’s like some kind of… Mystery Science Theater 3000.”

[stares directly at the camera]

12 Likes

What do they eat beyond Atlantis? I mean, how beyond are we talking? Will a simple box of these suffice for a new episode snack?

00044400156509-rDliHjF2UMi-en-US-0_s500

Is Captain Gorton “beyond” enough? His catch of the day is “minced” and “crunchy”, so there’s that…

looking forward to the show… and the sticks.

10 Likes

That’s perfect!!

I made this Jurassic Park one today, but haven’t been able to reduce the size enough yet to upload here.

12 Likes

I LOVE IT :smiley:

(You can hear that in Mike Nelson’s voice.)

We even have the musical score for that AND some effects worthy of MST3K!

5 Likes

On the box: “OUR CLASSIC CRUNCHY FAVORITE”

Already, I feel bad about the whole thing, because Gorton’s is playing favorites and that ain’t right.

7 Likes

Their other products had it coming. They know what they did.

6 Likes

I am so excited to finally get to see Emily and her bots in the theater. Also, I continue to revel in the awesome firsts we are getting in each new episode. Santo brought us the debut of White Dot. Robot Wars gave us Dr. Cabal (TMFFTF). And now an entirely new (to the series episodes) test subject.

We truly live in the Golden Age of MST3K fandom!

15 Likes

“OUR LESSER CRUNCHY NOT-QUITE-AS-GOOD FISH PRODUCT, I GUESS, WHATEVER”

That’s just hurtful, man.

6 Likes

Oh, word. These are WILDLY amazing times like that. This really is all the best!

4 Likes

Also

8 Likes

We all know where THIS is heading:

simpsonsunderthesea

13 Likes

As much as we were asked about the chat rooms in the survey, this is my preferred place to talk about the episodes as they air. Love the energy here.

Also, I love that Philly is one of the homes of MST3K now because every so often we’ll get a specific Wawa shout out or something.

15 Likes

I ran the writers room for this episode and at the risk of spoilers, I will say that we took this opportunity the first chance we got. We knew it had to be acknowledged. I said, “Hey writers, I will never do this again, but this is the riff that’s going right here. Everyone will be thinking it. Now let’s move on.”

24 Likes

Psssshhhh … panderer.

:smiley:

8 Likes

Can’t we get beyond “Beyond Thunderdome”?

5 Likes