It's your OPEN THREAD for tonight's Tribute Event to FUTURE WAR: Join us for a Jean Claude Gosh Darn good time!

Let’s join together to learn about the importance of water – nature’s liquid! – at tonight’s special livestream event! First, we’ll premiere a BRAND NEW SHORT riff, and then we’ll be sharing a tribute to FUTURE WAR. It all starts in the Gizmoplex at 8pm ET / 5pm PT.

We’ll have new bonus host segments, PLUS a live post-show discussion with Jonah Ray and the newest cast members of MST3K: Emily Marsh, Yvonne Freese, Kelsey Brady, and Conor McGiffin!

GOT QUESTIONS for our live guests?

Also, PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME YOU’D LIKE TO BE CREDITED UNDER, as well as how to pronounce it, if we read your question during the stream.

So grab your snacks, call Fred Burroughs, and get ready for FUTURE WAR. We’ll #SeeYouInTheGizmoplex!

13 Likes

Get your cardboard boxes, it’s gonna get wild!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :smiley:

5 Likes

Wish I could be there

2 Likes

Before I saw this episode, I honestly knew of Daniel Berhardt. Due to Mortal Kombat Konquest.

3 Likes

I’m all ready for another open thread!

Let’s do this!

2 Likes

oOoOO I haven’t seen this one!

5 Likes

At the time, this was the most recent movie featured on MST3K.
Since then, we’ve had Atlantic Rim in Season 12 and we’re going to have Demon Squad this season.

6 Likes

How do you feel about cardboard boxes as movie scenery?

4 Likes

Looking forward to it! This movie does make me want a dinosaur buddy.

Dance Dancing GIF by Australian Open

7 Likes

Special guest tonight?

1 Like

I think it’s just current show cast members.

2 Likes

Future War is a favorite episode! Can’t wait! And Finally a new short us fans have not seen!

5 Likes

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, this is gonna be a rad experience for ya! :smiley:

A real Season 10 gem, this one is.

4 Likes

Really? You’ll like it the sci fi era at it’s riffing best!

2 Likes

I’ll show up for the short - looking forward to it very much. For me, there are about 150 funnier episodes than Future War they could have chosen, so I won’t stick around.

Guess what? The star of this movie fought Morpheus on the top of a tracker trailer.

2 Likes

Mmhmm.

This is like the riffing equivalent of lobbing softballs to a Home Run Derby champion.

6 Likes

AND also gets into a fight with none other than John Wick in the first movie!

(Keanu has something of a loyalty thing when it comes to folks appearing in his movies, and that’s awesome.)

4 Likes

Check your emails for those who got season 13 digital downloads in their pledge they sent the link to set it up!

2 Likes