Ivan Appreciation Thread (or Thank You For Doing More Than We Could Possibly Ever Know About...)

Just wanted to post a thread showing appreciation for @ivan . He’s our man behind the curtain, making sure the glue holds on this wonderful digital frontier, and I’m sure he does far more than we could ever really know. So, thank you, Ivan. All of your very hard work has been noticed and appreciated (even and maybe especially when it didn’t seem like it). I hope you always take time to have fun, because that’s ultimately what we’re all here for.

32 Likes

Satoru Iwata Thank You GIF

12 Likes

Ivan, reading this thread…

10 Likes

He’s MST3K’s Six Million Dollar Man!

10 Likes

As someone who has spent way too many years condemned to happily providing tech support, I hope Ivan and the rest of the behind the scenes gang know how much they’re appreciated. It’s thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much! Maybe more!

11 Likes

My Man!

Love Boat Smile GIF

9 Likes

I have a friend named Ivan and he’s a cool guy, so by the transitive property, @ivan is also a cool guy.

8 Likes

My interaction with Ivan was very positive.

And Joel must like him if he made him his dog.

8 Likes

Out of all the appreciation threads that have been made on this board, this is the most deserving.

Think of all the things you assume Ivan is responsible for. Now triple it. Literally, none of this would be happening without him and he deserves far more credit.

Thank you, Ivan!

24 Likes

Dr. Kabahl reports to a guy who reports to a guy who reports to Ivan.

14 Likes

Brother’s cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Maddest props and sincerest thanks to Ivan for all the amazing colossal stuff he does.

7 Likes

Okay, fine. But I still really want my bow saw back, Ivan. :wink:

5 Likes

@ivan @ivan he’s our man. If he can’t do it, no one can!

Yaaayyy! @ivan!

Why yes I am hopped up on antihistamines why do you ask?

10 Likes

So what you’re saying is that the only person more important than @ivan is Joel? And maybe just barely?

Seriously, just seeing Ivan’s name on virtually everything since that first Kickstarter really drives home all the hats he wears. My god, most endeavors have whole teams that handle each of those jobs.

10 Likes

I would not be surprised if Joel says he is less important than Ivan. The original idea may be Joel’s, but the current execution lies heavily with Ivan.

8 Likes

Yeah, he’s a modest guy anyway.

6 Likes

On a fundamental level, Ivan is the one who makes stuff happen. If you think something happened automatically, that probably means Ivan worked extra hard on it.

There is a reason Ivan and White Dot have never been seen at the same time.

15 Likes

A Deadly Adoption Applause GIF

7 Likes

@Ivan is truly the MVP! They work so hard to make this place awesome, but they do it with such finesse that it seems mystically effortless. Ivan is a wizard of behind-the-scenes badassery. GO IVAN YOU FRIGGIN’ ROCK!!! Thank you so much for community viewing night and everything else you do. :heart:

You Are Awesome Colin Mochrie GIF

13 Likes

You mean to tell me it’s not all done by the Nanites?

Thank you Ivan for everything you do, and thank you to all the other “behind the scenes” people for everything they do as well.

10 Likes