James Franciscus. Good Enough?

Teaser Trailer of Nightkill (1980).

I was gonna say that he did some of his best work in giallo, between this and Tenebrae. But then I realized Tenebrae starred…Anthony Franciosa!

1 Like

Those two are forever bound to each other. If it’s not one it’s the other!

1 Like

On Franciscus, Italian horror seemed to agree with him.

1 Like

It’s one of the better giallos, and I think giallo generally gave some actors a chance to flex their chops.

1 Like

It’s so odd that James Franciscus always looks faintly embarrassed in every still photograph I’ve seen of him.

Not for anything major or some secret guilt, nothing super dramatic. Just “Oops, I think I took one more after-dinner mint from the free dish when I was paying the tab at the restrauant–you’re only supposed to take one, you fool!”

2 Likes

If those tennis shorts were any tighter, he’d be playing mixed doubles by himself.

1 Like

He likes a tight fit.

As a tyke in the '70s, I dug James Franciscus. No, he wasn’t Charlton Heston, but I was a happy kid if I turned on the CBS Late Show and found Beneath The Planet Of The Apes or “Valley Of Gwangi.”

1 Like

Not just any man can lead a Planet of the Apes movie then get gunned down unceremoniously seconds before the end as the movie says “Yeah, you’ve been following this guy the entire movie, but be honest, did you really care?”

2 Likes

I admit, I enjoyed ‘Longstreet’ at the time.

1 Like