Joel in Extra Content?

So, now that we’re… beyond Beyond Atlantis content, we’ve seen Emily show up in a short (Court Case) and in the Vault Picks (Synthia Selects / GizmoBlips). I presume she’ll show up in future “Surveillance Footage” during Tributes, too.

But obviously those appearances didn’t start before her showing up in the show…
Point being, I’m kind of hoping Joel shows up soon, so there’s more time for him to appear in those extra-content features.

Just doing some sleuthing…
(And maybe don’t proceed further if you wish to be surprised by who’s hosting what.)

We know we’ve got 10 Episodes to come.
We know…
Munchie will be hosted by Jonah.
Gamera vs. Jiger will be hosted by Jonah.
The Mask will be hosted by Jonah.
Christmas Dragon will be hosted by all three.

So, that’s 6[1] undetermined…
3 more will likely be Emily.[2]
2 of those are going to be Joel.
1 more will likely be Jonah.

What we’ve got left:
S13E05: Doctor Mordrid
S13E06: Demon Squad
S13E08: The Batwoman
S13E09: The Million Eyes of Sumuru
S13E10: HGW’s The Shape of Things to Come
S13E12: The Bubble

I’m thinking we’ll get at least one more Emily episode before The Mad’s decide there’s benefit to a THIRD host, and they decided to require Joel.

So… Hmm. Emily hosting Doctor Mordrid, and Joel hosting Demon Squad or The Batwoman? Batwoman would be the back half of the season, but not too far in… so still a decent period of content for Joel to show up in.

Though, I’d probably like to see Emily’s group take on The Batwoman. :thinking:

1. 13-3-4=6 ↩︎

2. My understanding is they did the Emily Eps first, before the tour started. Backer updates indicate 4 episodes were done before the tour began, and that crew had one episode to shoot when the tour ended, presumably the Trio special. So, she probably has 3 solos remaining. ↩︎

5 Likes

I’d like to see Joel back in the theater for The Million Eyes of Sumuru. For old time’s sake.

10 Likes

Joel on Demon Squad and Million Eyes would probably be a good distribution throughout the season.

3 Likes

I’d honestly be surprised if we didn’t see Joel involved in the extra content once his character gets brought back into the fold, like a future installment of Synthia’s Selects or something similar.

You’d have to think that there would be one more Joel short thrown into the mix, no?

7 Likes

I do like the idea of Synthia torturing Joel with a vault pick that he was there for. :rofl:
Joel being forced to watch himself watching Manos. :smiley:

6 Likes

“THIS movie again? OH, WOW…”

11 Likes

You know, a lot of our assumption that some of the episodes are going to be Jonah is based on eliminating Emily. Have we really eliminated Joel as a possibility for those episodes?

2 Likes

“Oh, this… still stinks.”

6 Likes

Or Joel being forced to watch himself watching The Castle of Fu Manchu, which would break him AGAIN.

7 Likes

I’m not making any assumptions on the one’s I’ve got assigned to anyone, yet. Those three[1] I’ve marked as Jonah, are all but officially confirmed by interviews / staff commentary.

1. Munchie, Gamera, Mask ↩︎

3 Likes

I’d also not be surprised to see Joel riffing a few shorts too. It would play in perfectly to the “random”
ideal Pearl is doing with the names from the bowl

5 Likes

Random, eh? So maybe we can expect Pearl to say something like “this month’s short will be for… Pearl. Oh poopie.”

6 Likes

Joel and Emily (and possibly Joel) conspire to work together to throw Pearl/Synthia/Kinga/Max’s names into the bowl. :rofl:

6 Likes

With Munchie we also got a trailer for Doctor Mordrid, and now we know the host for that. So, with 4 aired, and 4 we know…
Doctor Mordrid will be hosted by Emily.
Gamera vs. Jiger will be hosted by Jonah.
The Mask will be hosted by Jonah.
Christmas Dragon will be hosted by all three.

That’s 5 undetermined…
S13E06: Demon Squad[1]
S13E08: The Batwoman
S13E09: The Million Eyes of Sumuru
S13E10: HGW’s The Shape of Things to Come
S13E12: The Bubble[2]

2 more will likely be Emily.[3]
2 of those are going to be Joel.
1 more will likely be Jonah.

1. Likely Joel ↩︎

2. Not Jonah. “I was there when you guys were… recording the riffs, I didn’t write on the episode, but I thought it was, from the outside…” ↩︎

3. My understanding is they did the Emily Eps first, before the tour started. Backer updates indicate 4 episodes were done before the tour began, and that crew had one episode to shoot when the tour ended, presumably the Trio special. 1 aired, 1 known, so, she probably has 2 solos remaining. ↩︎

3 Likes

My instinct says that Joel’s episodes will be Sumuru and The Bubble. I have no evidence, just a guess.

3 Likes

Sumuru would most def make the circle of life complete.

6 Likes

During the Den of Geek interview it sounds like Jonah confirms Demon Squad is a Joel episode. While the audio is a bit garbled, most I’ve talked to who have listened to it say it sounds like the same thing to them.

4 Likes

Just skimmed through it again.
I can believe that’s what’s being said there, yeah. I hope so.

So, with that…
Batwoman, Million Eyes, Shape of Things, and Bubble remain…
2 Emily, 1 Joel, 1 Jonah.
We know that Jonah is on 13x07 and 13x11. My guesses…
05: Doctor Mordrid: Emily
06: Demon Squad: Joel
07: Gamera vs. Jiger: Jonah
08: The Batwoman: Emily
09: Million Eyes: Jonah
10: Shape of Things: Emily
11: The Mask: Jonah
12: The Bubble: Joel
13: Christmas Dragon: JoJoEm

4 Likes

Lol, I love calling the trio JoJoEm. If Mike crashes, we need to add “-oike” at the end.

I’m torn on Joel doing either Sumuru or The Bubble. Sumuru would be a fun homage to the KTMA days, but it really feels like he’s trying to own The Bubble and it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s his episode.

8 Likes

I haven’t really seen/heard Jonah or Emily talking about The Bubble in the the way Jonah did Munchie. Other than Matt talking about his disdain for it, not a lot of emotion about it. I’m leaning Joel.

3 Likes