John Agar

As a friend once observed, John Agar at his John Agar-ist.

3 Likes

Nor must we forget, John Agar, international film star …

6 Likes

The guy on the left looks kind of like the general in Reptilicus.

3 Likes

Well spotted! He is. Both movies are by Sidney Pink and Ib Melchior, masters of Danish science fiction cinema.

4 Likes

So it is the same guy? Cool!

1 Like
3 Likes

John Agar reneged on his deal with Jeff Bridges to capture King Kong and instead had Kong killed. He is a rotten, dishonorable, lying SOB. I knew it as a nine-year old in 1976 and I know it now.

(although I would have used less salty language in 1976)

6 Likes

Hey, that’s politics. Do you want to be the person responsible if a giant monkey escaped and did a lot of damage and killed people? You do what you have to do.

3 Likes

Showing that picture is a good way to frighten small children.

A significant portion of the cast appeared in Reptilicus. Notice how the title identifies the planet by its number rather than its name. I think we all know why.

1 Like

It’s what he did afterward that’s the problem.

1 Like

Did you know that tomorrow, January 31 is John Agar’s birthday? What better way to celebrate than watching The Mole People! Easily one of my top 200+ MST3K episodes.

3 Likes

Did you know that John Agar is one of the best mediums in which to grow John Bacteria?

4 Likes

Agar was also an abusive alcoholic. His first wife, Shirley Temple, divorced him after four unhappy years citing “mental cruelty”. If you see his performance later in life in “Zontar” his unlikability really shines through.

Cue creepy laugh from Attack of the Puppet People.

Speak of the devil.

1 Like

Oh! I haven’t bought any RT for a while, but I may have to get this one!

2 Likes

:notes: “He voice it drones all night
He face it dullest white
John Agar!
John Agar!
His mother never really love him…”
:notes:

1 Like