Jonah for Santo

Today we learned that Jonah and his crew will be watching “Santo and the Treasure of Dracula.” I was really hoping this would be a Jonah episode. The aesthetic just feels “Jonah,” to me, if that makes sense.

I thought it might be fun to hear your speculations/hopes as to which crew will riff which movies.

To me, “Munchie” feels like it will be a sort of spiritual successor to “Mac and Me,” so I kind of hope Jonah does that one as well. I feel like it would be only fitting that Joel should do “Gamera vs Jiger.” I think Emily could really make “The Eyes of Sumuru,” sparkle.

8 Likes

I bet Emily’s commitment to sparkle motion is undoubtable.

8 Likes

No-no-NOTORIOUS!

3 Likes

I misread the title as Jonah for Santa and I was confused because I just can’t see it yet.:santa:

6 Likes

I think Jonah’s crew is getting the new Gamera movie. Maybe the live cast is getting Munchie?

3 Likes

I had a feeling this was going to be a Jonah episode — he had a lot of enthusiasm for this film on Twitter after the Turkey Day reveal (from what I recall).

Having multiple hosts at once is more unique a concept for this format than I expected…speculating about who hosts what is going to be fun, at least in these early stages.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was struck last night by that. We get to speculate something we’ve never had to before. It’s cool to think about.

1 Like

The way this thread is titled makes me think of old commercials like Claude Akins (what a nice butt!) for AAMCO. “Hello, I’m Jonah Heston. Have you considered making El Santo part of your daily routine…?”

3 Likes