Jonah's Bots and Emily's Bots

before i imagined crow and tom being vacuumed sucked back and forth from SOL to Sol2. and that screwed with their programming. but now @Coglestop mentioned they are duplicates . that makes way more sense. but does that mean they carry all the same memories as their OG counterparts

3 Likes

Probably, though I assume they could also synch up if needed via some kind of bot subnet. This show isn’t big on strict continuity or hard science, so any such thing could just as easily be waved away with the bots snarkily saying “Better if you don’t ask.” :smile:

5 Likes

S11-12 definitely seemed to indicate this Crow and Tom retain memories of the past experiments, so yeah, subnet it is! Deep lore!

5 Likes

I’m still very curious to see exactly what the hell the Simulator of Love is. Another satellite, a full-scale replica? I can’t really see the show saying that Emily Connor is just trapped in a VR sim for the next X many seasons and then only Jonah is on the actual Satellite. It’s too confusing.

4 Likes

Well, she will get to stretch her legs at Christmas at least, when she is co-hosting with Jonah and Joel.

2 Likes

Powering the Kingadome!

6 Likes

I’m super hoping that she modifies and reactivates some castoff Tom and Crow chassis in an old storeroom, builds her own GPC based off some specs and spares, then gets launched up into the Sparetellite of Love that Kinga has had parked off-camera for years.

Would be absolutely perfect if the reveal is Max and Jonah and the bots all asking Kinga “wait, where is she broadcasting from?” and Kinga just pans the viewscreen slightly to the left and then stomps off frustrated and yelling about “how have none of you ever thought to look out the windows” or something.

Edit:
I’m super pleased with “Sparetellite of Love.”

6 Likes

Star Trek holodeck style simulation, maybe? Granted that would probably mean the bots will glitch and become evil.

7 Likes

That’s pretty much the point where someone on staff has to turn up as Moriarty during the host segments, yeah.

7 Likes

They’ll need little bot beards so we know they’re evil.

Evil Season 11/12 Jonah could have gone either way - no beard or a finished beard.

5 Likes

“Become”

4 Likes

Trace and Kevin’s Crow and Tom.

And then I woke up.

6 Likes

There really wasn’t a large to-do during the live tour. GPC-2 pops up during Robot Roll Call, does a bit demonstrating she’s more flexible. They pop up GPC-1 for a moment to show that GPC-2 is basically plugged in to GPC-1. They unplug GPC-2, who then kind flops around on the desk for a few moments, and then she’s “plugged” back in, and then GPC-1 disappears again.
The closest video I’m able to provide is some commentary from a development workshop, though.

3 Likes

hahahahaha

Really shows Joel’s talent for developing and cultivating personalities that really latch on in the long run.

2 Likes

Trace and J. Elvis’s would be my dream.

2 Likes