July 4th Recommendation?

Is there an MST3K episode I should watch on Independence Day? For some reason nothing is coming to mind. Thanks!

9 Likes

I like Invasion USA. Remember, a real American patriot turns all the means of production over to the state. Otherwise, the Commies win!

18 Likes

Oh, and! For a Freedom-Forward Double Feature, I recommend Atlantic Rim.

:fireworks::sparkler: BA-BOOM!!! :sparkler::fireworks:

7 Likes

There is a host segment I would suggest for the 4th –

9 Likes

You should watch MST3K’s answer to the movie Independence Day. You know, the one in which aliens invade and are repelled by the talented musician and his friends? Yes, Pod People. They’re practically the same movie.

8 Likes

If not for the back-in-time scenes from Time Chasers, we would not have video evidence of the Revolutionary War. So watch that one too.

10 Likes

The only episode to premiere on July 4

7 Likes

Invasion USA and Starfighters is tops for this.

4 Likes

Invasions should always be filmed in a cocktail bar interspersed with stock footage! There are some choice riffs in this one. Thanks everybody

3 Likes

It has been a while since I watched Starfighters, and it being the 4th, I thought ‘sure, why not?’.

I’d forgotten how much doesn’t happen in this movie.

7 Likes

But at least once a year, all Americans should take a moment to appreciate our hard-working corn detasselers.

6 Likes

The movie also teaches us just how important those Poopie Suits are!

5 Likes

Nothing screams 4th of July like fat slobs who’ll eat anything and everything at a barbecue. How about a Joe Don Baker double bill?

You all BETTER HIDE YOUR LUNCH because HE’LL STEAL YOUR LUNCH! :laughing:

3 Likes

My recommendation is to be kind and think about your neighbors that suffer from PTSD, and those with animals – and don’t light off fireworks (they are illegal here, anyway, and it’s not unenforced; but still)!!!

ET: Clean up my ranting syntax a bit.

6 Likes

Another 7/4 is officially behind you, my friend - hope you encounter nothing louder than a CGI kaiju today.

4 Likes

Thank you!

We had a dog come to our door last night !

The bombs were going off until about 2:00 am, but at around 11:00, the dogs went crazy at the front door, and sure enough a dog was at the door. He was a shepherd mix, and he ran when yet another sky rocket went off above our house. I wasn’t sure what to do, I was thinking about opening the door, but I didn’t recognize him/ her.

5 Likes

OMG, poor doggo probably freaked out, jumped the yard fence, and then had NO IDEA what to do next.

4 Likes

Shame it ran away, otherwise you’d have gotten a free dog!!

6 Likes

As I’ve said before, the double bill of Rocket Attack USA and Invasion USA is the way to go.

I’ll be getting to that today. It’s still technically the closest thing to an actual vacation I get. Since I don’t go back to work until Tuesday.

6 Likes