Just a comment on MST3K music

I’ve been watching episodes on Twitch and a few I saw this weekend featured music that I had thought was written brand new for season 11. I’m a bit blown away that they had this music written decades ago for the show. The music I just heard was on the episode The Violent Years - TV’s Frank and Dr Forrester we’re singing lyrics to the same music that I hear during the end credits of season 11 episodes. I feel like I just found the biggest Easter egg :joy:

:v::heart::pray:

7 Likes

Watching the episodes from the early seasons is really rewarding. I recommend them to everyone.

7 Likes

Love stories like this. Enjoy the discoveries! :smiley:

(And the Netflix-era version of “Livin’ in Deep 13” is one my favorite remixes, followed closely by the “Creepy Girl” remix)

6 Likes

I absolutely love Season 11’s ska-infused take on “To Earth” from the Sci-Fi era finale, Diabolik.

7 Likes

Which song or musical bit was it? I’m old. I forget things. :hourglass:

2 Likes

From the original post in this thread? That’d be “Livin’ in Deep 13”, the Mads’ self-composed theme music.

After singing “Livin’ in Deep 13”, the Mads challenge the SOL crew to come up with their own theme songs.

5 Likes

Mike muh muh muh Mike muh muh muh Mike Mike Mike

4 Likes

Great thing about that episode: GPC half-heartedly singing Tom Servo’s bombastic theme song, “Wonderful Tom”, during the dull recreation of the gas station robbery at the end of the episode.

5 Likes