Just wondering..will MSD3K go “ALPHA”?

If so, when?

2 Likes

So you’re saying it’s a failure and needs to go back to the drawing board?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s that bad.

2 Likes

I don’t have any problems with anything , I was just, like, curious and stuff. :flushed:

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:
Alpha is an earlier step of development from beta.

6 Likes

^^^
Progression is usually Alpha → Beta - some variation on ‘release candidate’ if the dev/publisher uses one → ship it! But yeah it sounds the opposite of ‘quality levels’ as it’s more about stages/progression. It’s a funny old game. Given that forums tend to remain a dynamic entity, I wonder what the stages would be…

Maybe we should call this by… I dunno, are we beyond KTMA? So between Comedy Channel/Comedy Central? So we’re looking to go Comedy Central now…?

4 Likes

Alpha is alright, but Beta is better

4 Likes

Something a beta ape like Bobo would say.

2 Likes

All signs point to software release vernacular, where alpha is a structural build and beta is an improved build going through internal testing.

But nothing says the Discourse isn’t using, or can’t use, bioscience vernacular. This beta could be waiting to rank up and become the alpha of all MST3K resources on teh intarwebz.

Devil’s advocate.

2 Likes

We all saw Medicine Man.

2 Likes

Is MSD3K just a typo? Because I was getting kind of excited that there might be an SDK for interacting with the Gizmoplex at a programming level… :nerd_face:

4 Likes

ah, you’re on MSD3K…

3 Likes

Oooh, Time Of The API’s.

8 Likes

No, I’m on the mescalin. I can’t afford those acronym rave drugs.

3 Likes

First, there was LSD.

Then, there was MSD.

Now, something 3000 times more wackadoo has been created…

MSD 3000!

4 Likes

Do rails of MSG count?

2 Likes

Mars
Supplemental
Data

2 Likes

Hmm, maybe we should create our own MST3K-specific callsigns. You know, like “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot”. MSD could be “Mitchell Sampo Deezen”.

EDIT: And MST3K could be “Mitchell Sampo Trumpy treble Krankor”.

6 Likes

A Base you say…
On the Moon you say…
Going Alpha you say…

Be careful what you ask for…

6 Likes

I’m proud of my cartoon-like ignorance.

4 Likes