Kaiju Preservation Society

Has anyone read the book Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi? How did you enjoy it? My wife keeps suggesting it to me mainly because it has Kaiju in the title.

2 Likes

I haven’t read it, but preserving giant monsters that destroy cities doesn’t sound like the best plan.

4 Likes

Donna St. Phibes would like to have a word with you.

3 Likes

Considering how many times she’s been eaten, I stand by my statement.

4 Likes

Maybe they mean preservation in the taxidermy sense.

2 Likes

This is on my TBR list; I have several friends who have read and enjoyed. Scalzi does some fun stuff!

4 Likes

Finished it a few months back. It’s a pretty quick read, not very complex in terms of plot. Kinda see it as a popcorn movie treatment.

3 Likes

Scalzi is a fun read, and seems like he doesn’t keep a story going longer than necessary, Redshirts was rather brief as well. I haven’t read this one yet, but looks like something I would like.

I, for one, welcome our new Kaiju masters !

1 Like

I really like John Scalzi - he’s my go-to “palate cleanser” author. Fun SF concepts, VERY quick and easy reads most of the time. Kaiju Preservation Society was the most quick and easy book by him I’ve read, easy to recommend if you essentially want a Saturday morning cartoon and aren’t expecting a lot of depth.

My personal favorite book of his is Lock In. Very neat concept and a fun detective/mystery.

1 Like

They all are…

1 Like

Scalzi never disappoints. This one is on one of the many, many stacks of books, to be read.