Kelsey Appreciation Thread

PEARLS

8 Likes

Pearls.

9 Likes

Pearl, Pearl, Pearl, Pearl, Pearl

20 Likes

Alright, DAT’S IT!!! You want some pearls?! Fine! HERE’RE YOUR GODDAM PEARLS!!!

11 Likes

Did someone say Pearl?

Steven Universe Gracias GIF by Cartoon Network EMEA

13 Likes

Do you think we can summon her? @OneBradyLady

We gotta a fanclub over here, and you are our leader.

Toy Story Aliens GIF by Disney

16 Likes

Maybe we have to tag thrice, like Beetlejuice or Bloody Mary?

13 Likes

We gotta save the third one for something good…quick, think of something clever!

7 Likes

Okay, hear me out. We need a tub of glue, some down pillows and a knife.

5 Likes

Ah uhm, erm, uh… CALCULUS??!

4 Likes

I never made it to calculus! Oh no!

4 Likes

I gotchoo fam, I did all the calculuses. It’s my superpower right next to blinking for every photo ever.

6 Likes

I think we need Connor to come and invoke the third beckoning. And maybe do the mother crabbers rap Acapella.

8 Likes

Double time!

7 Likes

Same here. The line “We have soooo much to teach you!” with an accent got me laughing too! :smiley:

Kelsey is terrific. The Crow voice legacy is still strong!

14 Likes

I completely bought her as Crow almost immediately. Adding the extra shot of manic energy was the key, I think. I can easily picture her Crow digging a hole in the SoL or picking up a good pair of walking shoes to enjoy a layover in Chicago. Plus, anyone with that many toys and an Ariel hoodie is super awesome.

Oh yeah, I also wanted to praise the rest of Emily’s crew. Emily’s got that loveable goofus energy you need in a host, and I love her mini-freakout in… uh, whichever of the Synthia’s Selects it is (Killer Shrews?) when she overanalyses Synthia’s question. Conor’s nailing Servo, and maybe it’s because they’ve talked about his puppetering so much, but I definitely notice some of the weird things he does (mothercrabber rap, anyone?).

It’s a strong team, and since they’ve got all the stage experience they’re hitting it right out of the gate without the usual learning period.

16 Likes

Kelsey has had a tough row to hoe, and all the love to her for rising up to meet it. I like her take on Crow, and I want to see more of it.

I like Conor’s take on Servo. He’s really good at capturing that vulnerability that he always had.

Yvonne seems to bring the same energy to GPC that Rebecca does. Personally, I’m hoping we get to see more of Mega Synthia. I’ve never seen the live tours, so I only know her from the Pluto TV bumpers from a while back, but that was enough. I love the character.

Emily’s a great host. So far my read on her is about 50% can-do spirit and 50% panic, which is a great combination.

I’m glad I finally get to see this whole crew working together.

17 Likes

I very badly want to go to Kelsey’s house just to play. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

That line sold me on Kelsey as Crow and I never looked back. She does a really good job in the host segments as well. In a number of ways she seems closer to the Trace “eclectic yet innocent” Crow than the Bill/Hampton “frenetic and volatile” Crow.

13 Likes

Kelsey won me over throughout the backer screening, so in the general premiere it was a lot easier for me to appreciate the nuance and minutae of her performance.

I think it’s great to have four diverse approaches to Crow throughout the history of the series. There’s a lot of different elements of Crow that the different cast members accentuate, and I personally think it’s awesome that Kelsey’s able to accentuate a bit more chaotic playfulness than I’ve seen in the past.

So far so great! It’s apparent that Kelsey’s been putting the work in, and the fact she had experience at Disney bodes well for her success as Crow. I’m really excited to see what happens in future episodes/seasons.

16 Likes