Kelsey Appreciation Thread

Having seen some videos of Kelsey using other puppets, I’m convinced she’s doing it all with eerie magical powers! :scream:

11 Likes

Do those remote triggers only work on puppets? Or had Jonah better watch out?

5 Likes

Also, how was it done in the old days?

3 Likes

I wish I can explain, but it’ll be way too confusing. Anybody?

3 Likes

The rumors of digital puppetry in the Netflix seasons have been greatly exaggerated, as shown in this post from our own puppeteer extraordinaire Grant.

But yes, the actors are now doing their own puppeteering in the theater, as seen in this photo from Hampton.

18 Likes

Who is puppeteering Jonah?

10 Likes

Some say the devil…

10 Likes

(the video’s for reaction purposes only)

3 Likes

Ah yes, the devil is a puppeteer, it’s right here in the lore.

8 Likes

That’s not Crow, it’s Timmy!!!

8 Likes

Here’s Trace and Kevin puppeteering in the theater with Mike:

mst3k_puppeteering

16 Likes

But who is pupeteering Mike? Is it the devil again? If so, why isn’t the devil being credited?

8 Likes

sighs I’ll go get the cross.

5 Likes

Here We Go Again GIF

5 Likes

It could only be the Almighty White Dot. Yeah, the Dot puppeteers all to deliver their riffs in holy synchronicity. The White Dot is That Which Holds the Stick While the Lips Flap. May the strings Of Jonah and Mike never be cut. So say we all.

6 Likes

A-men :pensive:

9 Likes

Came to this thread to contribute to the appreciation.

Stayed and learned fascinating puppeteering facts.

14/10 - would appreciate again.

14 Likes

Thanks for the skinny. And I should have been clearer when I said “digital puppetry”. I figured they were actual puppets, just that the flying/climbing effects were done in digital overlay rather than directly in the theater. I know that you all take pride in doing things as old school as possible, i.e. from within a cloud of hot glue-gun vapor.

8 Likes

I liked her take on Crow and after seeing her in the after show I really liked her Crow even more.

8 Likes

BTW, sorry for the thread drift but:

I’m going to add that I’m always tickled to see Tom flying. Also, the bit where Jonah threw a Frisbee so Crow could chase and fetch it like a dog at the park. So cute. I’m not enough of a wonk to study up on how these things get accomplished. They’re like delightful prizes in the bottom of the candy-popcorn box and that’s what matters most to me. <3

17 Likes