Kevin is the only one who does a passable Irish accent.

Just watched Gamera vs. Jiger.

5 Likes

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

okay, two new challengers

8 Likes

Doesn’t Tom/Kevin only speak like Kathy Ireland in this segment?

4 Likes

Whoa! I call foul on showing appreciation to Kevin Murphy. He’s Irish accent may be good. Some might even say indistinguishable from native Irelanders’s people of that land, but the man’s Roger Whittaker needs work, and Whittaker is British. That mean’s half Irish, or vice-versa.

3 Likes

I’ll have to watch again to confirm that. (No complaints here!)

1 Like

Also, I’d argue that Bill has an acceptable Irish accent, if his work in The Thing That Couldn’t Die is any indication: “Faith and begorrah!”

4 Likes

Kelsey’s cracked me up

6 Likes

My memory can be godawful at times. Which episode would this be?

1 Like

The Penn short, Court Case

5 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh, okay, gotcha. I need to go on short-rewatching binge.

And with how she’s been rocking it all out in the theater segments, I can believe that. Thanks for the clarification!

4 Likes

I think that might be Bill doing the RT short “Cork Curiosities”: it amused me anyway.

“Before they send him off to toil in the mines…before the Troubles…etc.”

Could have been Kevin, though. Kind of had Bill’s vocal timbre, from what I recall, though. Or could have been Mike. Don’t remember if all three riffed that short or not — for all I remember, it could have been a solo Mike joint…fairly early riffed short IIRC.

1 Like

“Cork Curiosities” should’ve been yet another ACI crafts epic.

1 Like

don’tcha know, I had another gal say it me once, but it took me a wee minute to figurin it out.

Holdemary crud, I conclude, everyone from Minnesota (or wherever, like Wisconsin and stuff) plus the NY tri-state area larnd’ed them the kirrect acccent.

Nothing to see here, boyo, just keep movin it along. Show’s over, folks!

2 Likes

Thanks for circulating this particular tape; I’d forgotten all about it! :green_heart::joy::green_heart: (Although my actual first name is Erin and that joke is my cross to bear.)

5 Likes

Heh, very welcome! :smiley: :green_heart:

All part of such a fantastic episode. And my first MST3K episode on TV, too!

3 Likes

Wow. Don’t say that to any Irish. No, Kevin would not pass among the Irish.

1 Like

Isn’t the fact that you recognize them as (attempts at) Irish accents make them “passable”.

If they weren’t passable, you’d be questioning what kind of accent they were trying to do.

2 Likes