Kino Lorber Launches New Prime Video Channel for Cinema Lovers

You want names? Some of the talent you’ll find includes works by Todd Haynes, Yorgos Lanthimos, Hou Hsiao-Hsien, Christian Petzold, Lina Wertmuller, Ken Loach, Andrei Tarkovsky, Jafar Panahi, Taika Waititi, Oscar Micheaux, Susan Sontag, Jean-Luc Godard, Bruno Dumont, Jia Zhangke, Bernardo Bertolucci, and Fritz Lang. You want titles? Here are just a few: right now, you can stream the new 4K restoration of Bertolucci’s The Conformist , as well as silent masterpieces like F.W. Murnau’s Nosferatu and Sergei Eisenstein’s Battleship Potemkin .

6 Likes

As a film nut, I’m well within my capacity to say…

letsparty

3 Likes

Feels like an actual competitor to Criterion Channel. Not a bad thing (the Conformist is a great movie, by the way).

4 Likes

I already watched Nosferatu on Prime…can’t wait to find more screen gems !

3 Likes

Let’s not be zero sum about it, but rather call it a complement to Criterion Channel. More options and breadth. And I’m sure Kino Lorber will still license stuff to Janus for Criterion.

Dont forget to watch the 1925 version of Phantom of the Opera just for the ending where the city beats him before suplexing Phanto into the water with a nice ‘Fin’ still. It’s hilari-- it’s a cinematic classic.

I just rewatched the ending. 100 years, still hilarious