Knitting, crocheting and stuff

I made some pillows of the bots for our bedroom.

31 Likes

I really like the VHS pillow. Well, I like them all, but I like that one best =) very nostalgic.

4 Likes

I ordered through Spoonflower at the beginning of the pandemic, and had a very long wait-time but I’m guessing that’s because everyone was ordering material back then.

I could definitely see a very cute quilt out of these fabrics. :slight_smile:
https://www.spoonflower.com/en/shop/mst3k

7 Likes

I just got mine, but haven’t used it much yet. I have a bunch of squares already cut for a quilt, but they are smaller than the dies I bought for the machine. I keep telling myself I need to cut the rest of the smaller squares before I can move on to using the machine, but my laziness gets the better of me and I can never seem to motivate myself to get it done =P I’ll have to though since I was planning on making my niece a new blanket for her birthday.

4 Likes

I was considering trying to make a Servo plushie, but again, I think my laziness will kill that idea.

3 Likes

Yay! Thanks for the link! I’ll definitely be ordering some of these!

2 Likes

Love the bot fabric! And I’m impressed they even have an updated fabric with the bonehead logo.

4 Likes

It looks like you can upload your own designs. I might have to try that with the mst3k moon

3 Likes

I threw out fabric as an idea for merch, and also mentioned getting permission to use imagery to have custom fabric printed like on spoon flower. I don’t know if the fabric that is already on there actually has permission to be or not.

2 Likes

I’ve started a scarf in Jonah yellow that will have the Gizmonics logo at one end. Pictures when there’s more to it than just a few rows of yellow stockinette. :smiley:

4 Likes

Please do. I’m curious to see how the G will come out.

2 Likes

Oh, I was planning on doing the rectangle logo with the checkerboard and the word GIZMONICS, not the gear.

3 Likes

I crochet; thus far I’ve made a couple of scarves, a shawl, a lap blanket, and believe it or not a Baby Yoda (from before he was Grogu). I’m currently working on a cat couch for my stepsister’s cats. I’d love to try to make a decent Tom or Crow (or heck, any of the bots or hosts) but I haven’t seen any workable patterns that aren’t too advanced as of yet, and I’m still learning for the most part.

4 Likes

Aren’t we all still learning? I’ve seen those cat couches, they look really cool. I don’t crochet, but thought about getting one for my cat.

2 Likes

Oh definitely, but I’m new enough to crocheting to only really be able to do single and double crochet stitches with any real success. I’d probably need to learn a few more before I’m comfortable doing something at an intermediate level.

2 Likes

I saw a couple patterns on Ravelry, but they’re for sale rather than for free so I don’t know how complex they are. I have a pattern for a Servo amigurumi I got from somewhere, but I can’t seem to find the source now.

2 Likes

For my cross stitchers out there, the Gizmonics Patches:

8 Likes

Here is the first mst3k fabric I got from spoonflower where I had to upload the pattern.

Pen for scale

11 Likes

Looks nice! It might be interesting to alternate the rows so that the centers of the moons on one row line up with the touching edges on the rows above and below. This would forma kind of hexagonal motif, which is also very MSTie.

4 Likes

True. I just wanted to see how this would come out before I started on more complex designs.

3 Likes