Knitting, crocheting and stuff

I’m am intermediate crocheter, but dabble in knitting or sewing when the mood strikes. I’ll have to keep tabs on this thread for project inspiration!

I saw a while ago (on a Kickstarter?) someone made a glorious MST3K sweater. If you’re on here, brava!

2 Likes

Was it [this sweater]?(Ravelry: MST3Knitting pattern by DrawFour Designs)?

She has indeed appeared here.

5 Likes

Yup, that’s the one! A work of art, that is.

2 Likes

Check out her other patterns on Ravelry. She has numerous fannish patterns, as well as non-fannish, and she is indeed a treasure.

2 Likes

Okay, accidentally went to post a pic if the next part of my big MST3K cross stitch only to realize I had forgotten some of the backstitching. So here it is for real this time:

17 Likes

That is fantastic and making me think cross stitch is severely underrated. I may have to buy myself some floss and give it a go.

2 Likes

I admittedly don’t know too much about knitting and crocheting and such, but that’s pretty damn awesome.

Well done, thanks for sharing that!

2 Likes

Go for it!

1 Like

I’ve wanted to try one of those snarky sweary embroidery designs. Perhaps I could combine the two concepts. Intriguing!

3 Likes

I’m a knitter, and learned to spin during pandemic (it’s like a fidget spinner that makes yarn!) It’s become a huge rabbit hole of what kind of sheep make what kind of fiber that makes these kinds of yarn with those kinds of applications/properties.

4 Likes

I’m a sewist, quilter, knitter, and cross-stitcher. I got a cross stitch pattern for the bots, Joel, Mike, Dr F, and Larry (strangely there is no Tv’s Frank?) off an etsy seller several years ago. I intend to someday do Christmas ornaments.

I would totally do an MST3K quilt if ever I could come up with a good/easy pattern.

2 Likes

I’m a super lazy quilter and just alternate black and patterned squares and tie the corners of the squares and do a patterned edging. It’s way too much effort to do all the fancy blocks I see others doing. I also have a bad back, so that doesn’t help.

1 Like

It’s not MST3K related, but I have been working on making the parts for a couch… for my stepsister’s cats. I just finished putting the base together last night! Now I gotta finish the back and the arms, and then crochet a small afghan for it.

5 Likes

I learned to knit first, and crochet baffles me–how can you do anything with just one needle?!

3 Likes

I learned to knit once, but forgot, then I learned how to crochet. I’ve so far managed to crochet a lap blanket, a Baby Yoda, two shawls, and now the parts for a cat couch, so I count that as a decent win.

3 Likes

Last winter I took an online class and learned to make hand-knit chunky blankets–I made them for everyone for Christmas–and I know it was really crocheting, but I can’t do it with a needle. Oh, well. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Next part of the mega mst3k cross stitch

13 Likes

I love the detail on Tom’s arms!

3 Likes

Next section:

If you guys are getting annoyed by my updates just let me know and I’ll shut up.

13 Likes

Don’t mind at all! It’s looking great! :smiley:

2 Likes