KTMA 17. Time of the Apes (1987)

A movie where riffs evolved again? “You only riff twice!!!” “Or so it seems!!!” “One riff for yourself and one for your dreams!!!” “You freeze through the years and life gets strange!!!” “Till everyone thaws and you’re chased away!!!” A lady and two kids encounter a future Chuck Heston is very familiar with. “And apes are a stranger who hunt you all down!!!” “Yet there is an answer from a saucer above!!!” “This flick is for you so pay the price!!!” “Watch the KTMA but they did riff this twice!!!” Where’s Joel?, Floating Naked, Locked Out, Fantasy, Joel-Less Life Together. “Time of the Apes. Very exciting”, “Sandy Frank. Another big thrill for me”, “Someone wants to admit they wrote this?” “We saw that slide” or “There’s just a Banana peel in there?”

3 Likes

KTMA 17. Time of the Apes (1987).

2 Likes

It’s Just A Show 29. [MST3K K17. Time of the Apes]

2 Likes

Lazlow The MST Guy: Episode 14 - KTMA 17 Time of the Apes.

2 Likes

Time of the Apes (1987). Full Movie.

1 Like

Japanese Planet of the Apes [Time of the Apes] - Deja Vu.

1 Like

Trailer of Time of the Apes (1987).

1 Like

Bad Movie Review: Time of the Apes (1987).

1 Like

Bizarre Medley of Time of the Apes (1987) Footage Set To Music.

1 Like

@amass79, @Spotty_Boots, @optiMSTie. Saw this one?

5 Likes

The wit in evidence smacks of the end of the KTMA Season. Trace and Josh are on fire and without Joel for the whole movie. It’s surprisingly good I thought. The opening credits riffs alone tasted like Season 1 and I quite enjoyed myself. You observe the puzzle pieces fitting together and sliding into place. Even absent the host, it’s almost there in K17.

4 Likes

Not since I first watched the Season 0 episodes several years ago. I remember the later episodes being much easier to watch than the early ones. When I have a little more time I may give them a rewatch.

2 Likes

Please do. They defied my presumption going in. The second half of KTMA hums along mightily and it’s not that dissimilar from what shortly followed. The Host Segments stir with life, the one-liners land intact, and The Mads aren’t far from Season 1. For all extents and purposes, this is practically Season 1 minus some budget and further sophistication. Some episodes are superior to others. Tastes vary.

3 Likes

I have, but that was an ample chunk of time ago. My memory’s kinda frazzled on specifics at the moment.

I don’t know when I’ll run THE GAUNTLET [hand gesture] of KTMA episodes again, but I’ll have to do that again soon.

3 Likes