KTMA 18. The Million Eyes of Sumuru (1967)

The director of Devil Doll (1964) packages Shaw Brothers sets with Frankie Avalon. George Nader, Shirley Eaton, Klaus Kinski, Harry Alan Towers produces and hands us The Fu Manchu Experience. The Mysterious Orient, a western agent, plans to rule the world, West Meets East in this hodgepodge of clashing tastes. Enigmatic figure, a lust for power, bloodshed. There’ll Be a Hot Time in the Old Town Tonight? First verse, same as the next? Trapped Outside, Disciplining The Bots, Game Show, Unplugged, Broken Mouth. “Does it look like we’re in the parade?”, “I love a good magic show”, “How does she talk without her lips moving?” “It’s a Sumuru” or “Get on with the story”?

3 Likes

Boom!

2 Likes

KTMA 18. The Million Eyes of Sumuru (1967).

2 Likes

It’s Just A Show 82. [MST3K K18. The Million Eyes of Sumuru]

1 Like

Best of Rifftrax’s Riff of The Million Eyes of Sumuru (1967).

1 Like

One of my favorite KTMAs, right up to the point where Josh left. For me, he was the best at this type off improvised (or briefly pre-watched) style riffing, so when he was gone, it slipped.

Crown him the king of KTMA.

4 Likes

Trailer of The Million Eyes of Sumuru (1967).

1 Like

“Great way to sneak in with a huge boat.”

2 Likes

“Sing Frankie sing.”

“Quick shoot their tires.”

1 Like

“Is that Twiggy?”

2 Likes

This is the strongest of the KTMAs for me–they really seem in the pocket with the riffing in a way that they hadn’t consistently been in during previous episodes.

Also, this is the kind of movie that you can sit down, crack your knuckles, and be like, “Yeah, I can wreck this thing.”

2 Likes

This felt like a mix of the two Dr Goldfoot films.

It’s got Frankie, so it has Bikini Machine vibes, but the humor misses so often, it feels like the bad Italian comedy stylings of Dr Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs.

2 Likes