KTMA 19. Hangar 18 (1980)

The truth is out there? Darren McGavin, Robert Vaughn, Gary Collins. A satellite crashes into a UFO and the government covers it up. Battle of The Network Stars? The Parallax View (1974), All The President’s Men (1976), two astronauts prove their innocence. TV Land Conspiracy or Chris Carter’s inspiration? Joel Intro, Meteor Shower, Purging Data, First Memory, Demon Dog. “Belushi! Must have been his first role”, “We came for your Pop-Tarts. Take me to your toaster”, “Think he’s eating of Cream of Wheat right now.” “They’re playing Pong” or “It wants our Tang”?

1 Like

KTMA 19. Hangar 18 (1980).

1 Like

I’ve seen this unriffed, but I’ve never seen the KTMA version. Not a huge fan of the KTMA season, so that’s not surprising, but I do need to check it out someday just for nostalgia’s sake.

2 Likes

The link to the full episode is above.

3 Likes

I think I already have it, but I just never feel like watching KTMA episodes.

2 Likes

They’re off. Not exactly what we’re accustomed to. If you’ve not seen it, The Last Chase (1981) is my preferred KTMA. The joke volume and quality is pretty high.

2 Likes

I think there’s some really fascinating movies in the KTMA season, which is why I revisit them. I just wish the riffing was on point, which is why I hope for several of them (SST Death Flight, City on Fire, etc.) being re-riffed a la Sumuru, Fugitive Alien, the Gameras and others.

Hangar 18, while diverting, was just weird. But I prefer it to The Last Chase.

4 Likes

It’s… not a good movie.

3 Likes

Not sure if I have seen this one. Most KTMA that I have seen was ages ago, so they didn’t necessarily stick.

That said, whenever I see the title of this one, I get the Megadeth song running through my head.

4 Likes

Isn’t that so of most MSTs? Experiment-wise?

2 Likes

Oh sure, but this one was one the ‘they just didn’t care’ variety.

2 Likes

So do I.

1 Like

Trailer to Hangar 18 (1980).

Lazlow the MST Guy Episode 16 - KTMA 19 Hangar 18.

1 Like

Best of KTMA 19.

1 Like

Good Bad Flicks on Hangar 18 (1980).

TV Spot of Hangar 18 (1980).

Strangely I’m reversed. The Last Chase (1981) I warmed up to far easier. The riffing is close to Season 1 level.

1 Like

Cover-Up.

NBC Monday Night At The Movies Bumper for Invasion Force aka Hangar 18 (1980).