KTMA Servo Bot Building - What color is this?

Hey gang,

Going to begin a KTMA Servo bot built soon. :grinning:

I’m going to “try “ and keep it as close as possible (dents, dings, and all) to what we see in photos. They have a certain charm , lol.

The shoulders show a good bit of wear at the bottom . I’m seeing silver with and undercoat of gold, but it could be yellow from the bowling pin as well?

It could be recycled crow parts, or a yellow pin???

What do you think?

What do you see ??

5 Likes

You’re correct, it doesn’t look miles away from Crow Gold. Could be recycling, or the original basecoat of whatever the source object is.

I’m curious, has anyone ever built a KTMA Beeper?

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few KTMA Servo’s, but not a a proper Beeper. The builds I’ve seen have been super clean, without the distressing , so I’m going off of OLD pics and video

3 Likes

I think it would be pretty cool to see Beeper reappear in the show, perhaps working for the Mads now. :grin:

3 Likes

Honestly , I’d love that too! I can totally see that, lol!

I thought about doing that build , but I can’t identify what the head is exactly. I believe it’s a vintage desktop mic , and a “retail” plastic candy dish for a dome. Not sure what the mic is though

3 Likes

The hardest part might be getting the funky chair that the base is, all the way from Australia.

2 Likes

I actually got a hold of two! They’ve been sitting in customs for like 2 weeks, but they are in transit !

3 Likes

The shoulders are yellow with a slapdash coat of silver. They’re made from the same pins that were also used as KTMA Cambot’s eyes

3 Likes

Good to know! It makes sense that the parts would have been recycled , but I didn’t even think about Cambot! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I remembered that tidbit from the old Botbuilders forum.

3 Likes

Never thought about it that way but you’re definitely right - the tops were definitely used on cambot

3 Likes