Least effective villain?

So true, and the pajama uniform doesn’t help his cause. It’s like his role was the final exam at Villain School and he just missed a passing grade.

Good point! And it leads me to wonder if this movie even had a protagonist. With a couple exceptions, all the characters were pretty awful, made it kind of hard to root for anyone.

9 Likes

I was rooting for the fish. They were the least dead-eyed members of the cast at any rate.

9 Likes

Sargassum comes off pretty well in the film - it’s just doing what it does, all while providing inspiration to others.

12 Likes

I thought it was the weed of deceit.

9 Likes

Wait. His plan wasn’t to take various food items underwater?! :confused:

6 Likes

I was as shocked as you are.

6 Likes

The Blood Beast.

His masterplan of impregnating an astronaut to unleash a new race of monsters is foiled and then he gets roasted by a bunch of Molotov cocktails while doing the standard villain taunt of ‘You have beaten me but there will be others!’

10 Likes

The Creeping Terror, with a design so incompetent that the people playing its victims are all forced to clearly jump into its mouth on purpose. Apparently there was a much better monster costume made for the film, but then its creator stole it when the director suddenly refused to pay for it, forcing them to quickly throw together basically a pantomime caterpillar.

19 Likes

Ummm… Frank!

19 Likes

The Dickensian figure on the vid screen was ineffective to say the least. A processor third class, a computech, and a mole from another corp took him out. Fingal by his own admission wasn’t “anti-corp” just bored and looking to be entertained. What does The Chairman do on a bad day?! :joy:
chairman

15 Likes

Get killed by Alia Atreides, perhaps? :wink:

AliaAtreides

11 Likes

wile-e-coyote

10 Likes

On the meta-level, it’s only five years between Ed Wood writing The Sinister Urge and Ed Wood writing Orgy of the Dead. So I think some villain, somewhere, won something.

11 Likes

Indeed. Poor Ed went from lambasting blue film-makers to being one in rather short order. I guess “the devil you know” and all that.

5 Likes

To celebrating the technical expertise on them (specifically his own Necromania).

4 Likes

When did he start writing erotic novels? I don’t remember the chronology of events, but I have a feeling there was always that side of him.

3 Likes

Gotta go with Valeria from Robot Holocaust. I mean, she’s hot, but she can’t even pronounce basic English. And she couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag.

14 Likes

Oh yes, I believe it was always there in him. That dichotomy of railing against the vices one secretly covets is a longstanding human foible.

3 Likes

The villain from Prince Of Space.

13 Likes

Oh totally agree, Valeria is the poster child for being ineffective and making it look good at the same time! I laugh every time I think of her trying to say “Dark One” but it sounds like “pork bun”

15 Likes