Least effective villain?

She lets Crabby do all the grunt work. But if you need a switch flicked or a glowing orb looked at, she’s your gal!

6 Likes

The head in The Thing that Couldn’t Die. He was out to take over the world, but as Mike said, “He can’t even take over a colonial rambler.” He manages to have his head attached to his body for all of two minutes and then he’s taken out by a necklace. Some villain.

13 Likes

I nominate June Talbot from The Leech Woman. She kills one person at a time to get 5 minutes of youth. So inefficient.

12 Likes

But he is a robot that is controlling more than the protagonists know and they think is dead.

5 Likes

Wikipedia lists his first book as 1963’s Black Lace Drag (aka Killer in Drag) which is one of the two of his I’ve read. However, he may have been doing them in the '50s, just very surreptitiously. This was not uncommon. (I have a collection of Frank Frazetta’s illustrations that seem to have come from books like this; not sure Frank put his name on them…)

5 Likes

I’d nominate Voldar from Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

All he ever does, aside from shooting a Wham-O Air Blaster at one of Santa’s helpers, is constantly chew the scenery about how bringing toys to Martian kids will make their species “weak” and “nincompoops”…while simultaneously having the most incompetent lackeys imaginable (even freaking Dropo routinely outwits them; I rest my case).

Then, at the end of the film, just as he’s finally about to make an actual move, he gets defeated by…having a bunch of toys thrown at him, for a solid minute, while he just stands there in the middle of the room barely defending himself.

If that’s the toughest dude Mars has…

14 Likes

RE: effectiveness, Cleolanta doesn’t accomplish much in the space of two movie-like products.

Vlcsnap-2020-01-26-16h00m04s630

15 Likes

Seriously. Do they really expect anyone to be intimidated by a bad guy who’s rocking the Rhoda look?

17 Likes

Couldn’t even lead a child into temptation despite being the lord of darkness.

18 Likes

He can brew up one doozy of a evil doll dream, though. :scream:

6 Likes

Yuri from Werewolf…I honestly have no idea how he expected to get ‘fortune and glory’ out of turning people into werewolves.

Not to mention his need to change hair several times a day.

Yuriwerewolf

17 Likes

Perhaps he looks at how much hair product he goes through and then thinks of the profit margin if the entire human body was covered in hair? A werewolf would go through five cans of AquaNet in a single sitting. :moneybag:

8 Likes

Gosh, there are so many black and white movies with bad guys who do little more than shamble along at 1 meter per hour, arms outstretched, who basically hug their victims to death, I can’t even distinguish them all. (Though I think Tor Johnson played many of them.) Like… just… stroll away from him! You can even run some errands on the way and still outpace him!

Oh and this guy from Bloodlust. There are so many points during his long bloated speeches they could have just rushed him and clobbered him with a lead pipe.
vlcsnap-2021-08-20-15h51m13s148

11 Likes

Or maybe a stiff pillow.

Jes’ sayin’. He’s not looking too sturdy.

6 Likes

Satoris could win in the category, “over the top,”… but never the best laugh!

4 Likes

He learned too late that man was a feeling creature

9 Likes

I think smüt should be the official replacement word.

5 Likes

I’m pronouncing it “smoot” from now on.

6 Likes

I think this makes it official. Smüt, pronounced smoot, which is also an acceptable spelling when umlauts are a problem.

5 Likes

And it doubles as a metal band name.

6 Likes