Let’s talk about Kelsey Ann Brady, with special guest: Kelsey Ann Brady!

why would they would they pay someone twice to do crow’s voice on S13 episodes?

2 Likes

Nate only did about half the episodes.
Hampton Yount did the rest.

4 Likes

I’m curious about this too and hope all is well. :frowning:

6 Likes

I had noticed I’d been seeing a lot less from all the cast once pickups wrapped, it had only barely registered that I hadn’t seen ANYTHING from Nate in particular in over a month.

4 Likes

Nate was really funny during the #MakeMore and Mindless Summer streams. I just rewatched the “…Swayze One More Time” song from the Final Countdown show and he knocked it out of the park! He absolutely owned that final verse. (So much potential for awesome songs this season, btw, we’ve already seen as much from Baron’s Servo).

All the best to Nate and his family — a lot can change in a short period of time, especially in the lives of touring actors. Nothing but respect and understanding if what was already mentioned is indeed the case.

18 Likes

I can confirm Nate is no longer working with MST3K. Kelsey is our newest Crow, and she is magnificent. You’ll learn more about the “new” host and cast as we get closer to Emily’s first episode.

ETA: “New” in quotes because they’re really only new to filmed episodes.

31 Likes

Damn, I loved Nate.
He was in the cast photo for Emily’s season 13 episodes… were his parts redubbed?

11 Likes

Ohhhh no, you’re not tricking me into spoilers!!! You’ll have to wait and see. :grin:

6 Likes

WHAT?!

6 Likes

All my best to Nate and his family and congratulations to Kelsey! I remember people giving her great reviews when she played Crow on tour and I can’t wait to see her take on Mr. T. Robot!

14 Likes

Serious bummer—I loved what Nate brought to the table, but can confirm Kelsey was fantastic in the live show. I’m looking forward to seeing more of her in action.

17 Likes

Of course, we all know GPC was first voiced by dudes. So is this the first time we’ve had a manly robot voiced by a lady? :thinking:

17 Likes

To my knowledge, yes! I don’t know if I’d call Crow “manly” though. :laughing:

22 Likes

Nate did a podcast for one of the Time Bubble showings a weeks back, where he sounded really excited about being part of MST3K & Season 13, and no indication he was stepping away.

Don’t know what changed, and I honestly don’t need to know, I just hope there was no “Drama” behind all of this…

10 Likes

Just gonna say it: Cybernetic Remotely Operated Woman

33 Likes

This is disappointing. I enjoyed Nate the most during the live streams. And I was beaten to the “Cybernetic Remotely-Operated Woman” comment by a few seconds, damn.

12 Likes

I too am sad to see Nate go, but that’s the biz. I wish him all the best.

12 Likes

This will take some (more) getting used to, but Leslie’s evasive response tells me there’s something in-universe going on around this.

5 Likes

Very sad about Nate; hope all is well with him and best of luck in the future.

7 Likes

SUPER bummed about Nate, but I’m excited to hear Kelsey as Crow! Any friend of Blippi’s… ha ha

6 Likes