Let's go on an MST3K Date

Ok, so… I’ve gotten my partner into MST3K and they love the hell out of it. Tonight we’re gonna gonna watch “The Day The Earth Froze” because they were born in Wisconsin and I know that episode holds a very special place in all cheese heads’ hearts.

Anyone else have a date night involving MST3K or similar shows (Like Rifftrax or Cinematic Titanic?)

10 Likes

Well, if it turns out they’ve already seen Wagon Train (good picture!), don’t be shy about taking them to help out with the scavenger sale. You might even see a helpful sign about an upcoming weenie roast.

13 Likes

I’m sure we’ve got some nicely romantic episodes in the list. Let’s see, there’s Girl in Lover’s La-, no not that one. Maybe Laserbla-, no, not that one either. Ator? No, no, definitely not.

5 Likes

I lost my virginity during Turkey Day in 1992 if that counts.

9 Likes

I keep meaning to do that but I always end up drinking too much Schlitz and passing out on the couch.

6 Likes

If you’ve been trying to lose your virginity since 1992, I think it’s time to give up hope.

2 Likes

Continuing that theme, there’s the swooningly romantic Giant Spider Invasion. :heart_eyes:

ETA I’m pretty sure there’s an actual riff about it being a remake of Sabrina.

4 Likes

No way! It’s totally on my bucket list just between getting the bathroom redone and getting all the way through Battlefield: Earth a second time.

8 Likes

You got through it the first time?

5 Likes

About four beers were involved. (Not Schlitz.) Pretty sure that’s the first and last time I downed that much beer in one day.

7 Likes

That would have made it worse for me. After the 30th Dutch angle shot, I started getting dizzy.

5 Likes

So you got, what … two and a half minutes in?

7 Likes

I don’t even remember those anymore. Just “Man is an ANIMAL!!” (which we repeated to each other for weeks afterwards) and terrible, obvious hair extensions.

3 Likes

From what I remember, almost the entire film is shot at weird angles.

5 Likes

You forgot Gunsling— no, not that one. What about Tormente… no, that one’s bad. OH! OH! I KNOW! How about Demon Squa… Well, hell…

4 Likes

Do you remember what episode you were watching at the time?

4 Likes

I was a little busy.

2 Likes

shrug some people are aware of their surroundings when it happens

3 Likes

It was also over 30 years go.

2 Likes

We’re going to a weenie roast

6 Likes