Let's Make a MSTie in 20 Minutes!

My cats were Misties. 17 years of perfectly timed sarcastic meows was a blast. I can’t say they had a favorite episode, but they liked Servo for being red. He probably would’ve had better luck asking my calico for a date, but it would have to be centered around food. I still riff, but I miss the timely meows making me laugh. Riffing is easier when you have someone to work off of. My mum doesn’t riff, but she’s kind enough to let me. It makes me happy to see her laugh. I found Bridget and Mary Jo great to riff off of. Anyone who follows Rifftrax should try something with just the women.

4 Likes

Bridget and Mary Jo’s episodes are fantastic. They have a great rapport and it’s like listening to two friends just hanging out.

I’ve never heard of cat riffing. Maybe we’ve got an untapped market here!

4 Likes

Just fill his dome with crunchy treats for easy dispensing! :paw_prints:

4 Likes

I corrupted introduced my daughter with color shorts. She’s up for whole episodes now at 7, but I do have new shorts to show her this week…

4 Likes

“Again?”

“Yes again! So is Arnie staying there with you Chopper?”

1 Like

Thank you for circulating the tapes/URLs/streams to the next generation!

I agree the shorts are a way almost anyone can enjoy a little bit of MST3K. My daughter is older and a tough customer wrt entertainment, but even she will laugh at the Levi’s loose fitting clown jeans in Here Comes The Circus :clown_face:

4 Likes

Some breeds of cats are chatty. There’s a wise saying, “Dogs prepare you for children, but cats prepare you for teenagers.” So I basically had 17 years with a teenager. B-movies are a great release for sarcasm.
The women are like being with your best friends. It makes the lack of cat less noticeable. Campbell’s Soup “The Magic Shelf” and The Wonderful World of Tupperware are my favorite shorts. Teenage Space Vampires and Amanda and the Alien are my go-to movies. If you like either of those, try the movie Earth Girls Are Easy. It’s from when Jeff Goldblum and Jim Carrey weren’t quite stars. I think it’s rated PG13.

4 Likes

It just hit me upon re-viewing that Sally was all alone because nobody with any sense was going to stick around to eat that flavorless bilge.

I hope they brought her back some Mock Duck, or at least a couple of fortune cookies and some soy sauce packets. TV’s Frank would. :wink:

4 Likes