Let's Make an Episode!

Late to the party, but now that the episode is chosen, (and because it looks like you can’t go back and edit the first post to let people know that) you might want to create a new thread specifically for working on the riff, link to it, and then close this thread, so it doesn’t get confusing. It would be nice if we could get it thumbtacked by the mods. (And if this works out, maybe even give it a special section on the forum)

A couple of logistical suggestions before we start:

1) We should agree on a standard “base” version of the movie to write from, so all our time codes match. I suggest using this copy, since it’s the cleanest looking print I’ve seen online, and archive.org won’t interrupt you every 15 minutes with commercials.
https://archive.org/details/theincrediblepetrifiedworld1959

2) We need to determine where the host segment breaks should be in relation to the film. This can be important for the placement of skits, since you don’t want to reference something in the movie that hasn’t happened yet.

3) I suggest we all start writing riffs right now independently using the mm:ss [character] riff format, since that’s something we can do while the project leaders are trying to figure out how we want to link everything together.

4) While not essential, the invention exchange is often more fun when both the Mads and the Bots are both doing invention exchanges that are vaguely on the same wavelength. I came up with a list of prompts for doing a monthly Invention Exchange project in another thread, but if we want to pick one of these as a “theme” for the experiment, it might help fire people up with some interesting invention exchange suggestions:

• invent a new musical instrument

• get people to exercise more

• make real life more like the movies

• help speed up housework

• come up with a new alternative to texting

• bring families back to the dinner table

• get back to nature

• help people to relax

• create an alternative energy source

• help people become an artist

• going retro (aka. living in the past)!

• make reading fun

• help people to stand out from the crowd

• make it easier to work from home

• live like a ninja

• gifts for Grandma

• help encourage recycling

• tell the future!

• help people eat more healthy

• make wars less violent

• fashions… of the future!

• puppets!

• living on the go (make things portable)

• corporate-sponsored holidays

• stay clean and neat

• gifts for baby!

• help people get out of the house

• get that job!

• help people quit smoking

• make real life more like cartoons

• love and affection (show you care)

• go big!

• take back a bad decision

• microliving/miniaturization

• new versions of old toys