Let's Make an Episode!

My vote, subject to change, goes to The Incredible Petrified World. I agree with @Ansible that it is classic MST3K fodder.
It is short and could be done without editing for time or content. It is cheesy (it has a Cave Torgo, and one of the characters even goes to gather firewood in an undersea cave :roll_eyes:) without being painful to watch. Also, my brain was writing riffs automatically while watching it.

2 Likes

Once y’all pick the movie, I’m totally down!

1 Like

You can help pick too… we want your vote!

2 Likes

I would rather just walk in blind! :laughing:

3 Likes

Right? I wrote half of it already, the last time I watched through!

A*P*E is just as good, though, and has the added bonus of a Kahenkaiju (that’s like a Daikaiju, but variable in size).

2 Likes

My all time favorite will always be East Meets Watts by Cinematic Titanic. The coordinated spit take after the racist slur just screams vintage Mel Brooks.

3 Likes

Oh, and in the tradition of what we’re accustomed to, may I suggest that we end the poll by a certain time? Say, 7/9 at 10 pm ET (just as an example).

We seem to be a very task oriented group, I mean, look what we’ve done. Twice, no less.

2 Likes

Well, my vote is in and… crap, I just tied the vote between the one I suggested and the one I voted for. Whoops.

2 Likes

Huh. I thought Ansible brought her in as a ringer… :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m generally with Ansible here (I like the energy of a snap judgement, and it’s not like we’re designing a nuclear reactor here), but if the next step is going to be formalizing the process, I don’t see why we can’t start that now, then select the movie once that’s done (but at least 48 hours from Ansible’s poll).

2 Likes

Awe, I’m honored :blush:

1 Like

So, I didn’t think about this when I started this, but, ummm… my family is going on a week long vacation , starting… tomorrow at 4:30am :grimacing:

Anyone else want to run this thing for the next week? Or should we put it on hold?

Of course, I’ll have my cell phone, but probably won’t be online that much for the next week… :flushed:

1 Like

Well, what are the next steps?

Pick the movie.
Allow everyone to watch the movie in its entirety.
…?
Timecode and break the movie into segments.
…?

(I’m mostly guessing at the process…)

2 Likes

Could you use the weekend to watch more nominations? We could select a winner at, say, Sunday midnight Eastern Time?

Do we need to timecode? Would marking up a script work? I was thinking just add a tab after a line and add your riff:

Darth: NO, I AM YOUR FATHER (tab) Geez, dad, spoiler alert!

2 Likes

“WEEK long” not “weekend” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@MyWy has graciously accepted the role of ringmaster for this circus (at least for the next week). I’ll try to participate where I can though! But it looks like we have a pretty clear winner from what I can see!

4 Likes

I concede. A*P*E will have to wait for its day to come.

1 Like

Still, I look forward to the day we get to riff this scene:
RDT_20210709_0846538693478230202802622

2 Likes

Is it too late to throw the original Boggy Creek in there?

2 Likes

Sorry, KotaOtan, nominations are closed for this episode, but that sounds like an excellent addition for the next episode. You’re welcome to vote in the poll. There seems to be an influx of new people, so we will keep the poll open for the weekend.

Link to poll: Let's Make an Episode! - #37 by Ansible

3 Likes