Let's Make an Episode!

Perentie (native to Australia)?
I’m unsure. I think it is a monitor lizard of some sort, but it’s limbs don’t seem beefy enough for a Komodo dragon.

1 Like

For some reason, my brain wanted to view the sandwiches as something they weren’t supposed to eat, like tiny bars of soap or something. No one is enjoying eating them, and no one wants to admit they embarassingly bit into one.

1 Like

I came up with Cave Torgo. You have my blessing to steal it and use it. :wink:

1 Like

Finished the second half of the invention exchange with Surly Celebrity Sourdoughs Starters.
I’ll post it tomorrow when it’s not 3:30AM and I’ve had a chance to look over it again fresh, and put together some storyboards.

1 Like

Be sure to look at the IMDB page for additional observations. Here is a nice nugget:

I think Crow would have something to say here. :laughing:

1 Like

4 Likes

It’s always hilarious to me that actors drink cups of air meant to be liquid. There’s a joke in there somewhere but I haven’t really perfected it yet.

Currently, I have the very to the point “Here, drink this air” but it doesn’t feel right.

2 Likes

I went with:
“By that time, my lungs were aching for Starbucks.”

2 Likes

I’ll have to :heart: your Pooh Bear later… I’m all out of love right now.

Thoughts! In 3D!

Riff TimeStart and TimeEnd, so we can directly build a SRT file out of it. This will help to highlight overlap with other, later riffs. Optional end time, which can be calculated roughly by riff char count if needed. Also, DateTimeStamp? Any advantage over just measuring ms and an Int?

A Vote table, separate from but similar to the Comment table. One User per Riff vote.

In the Riff table:

• Running gag number, to group Riffs together (to identify the domino effect of removing one of them)
  • Anchor toggle, to identify a Riff cannot move from this point (on by default?)
3 Likes

I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. I’ll update that and add the StartTime as an int and EndTime as an int when I get the chance. The current Time field WAS going to be the time that the user added the riff into the system, but perhaps we don’t really need to keep track of that. Useless info.

Already there, check out the RiffVote table below the RiffProject one. I just added that last iteration.

I don’t understand the “running gag” idea… I understand the CONCEPT of a running gag, but I don’t know that we’ll get anything out of forcibly connecting riffs directly to each other in the database. I feel that should be a human process, not a computer process. If you really believe otherwise, please convince me.

Same with the Anchor… why would a riff need to be anchored? I see the whole thing as a “live smooshy ball”, since it’s a database-based solution, anything can be changed at any point, anything is “mutable”. Things can become “canon” and “non-canon” at any point, depending on the current vote tally of the Directors/Executive Producer, and they can change their votes at any time. In my years of experience as a programmer, the very MOMENT we decide to “lock” data is the moment that someone will say “oh, hey, can you undo that lock please, because of [insert reason here]”.

The only “finished” product would be any time someone (maybe just the Executive Producer?) decides to output the product to an SRT file and/or our own proprietary .uriff file format. And that “product” will obviously have a creation DateTimeStamp added to it automatically by the Operating System of the user.

What do you think of these comments?

1 Like

I agree. I wouldn’t want to see anything unnecessarily clutter the writing interface. The running gag and riff anchoring can be handled by human discussion as we debate/vote on what to keep. There will certainly be some riff suggestions that need explaining by their author. That is part of the beauty of a riffed movie. You feel special when you “get” an obscure riff that the writers included, right? I know I do.

2 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

I agree that you like me because I agree. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you @MyWy for settling my confusion. Mea culpa on my forgetting the mention of email collecting.

So row J is available and row J I will take, and I am assumming MyWy’s is the preferred sheet for now till Ansible’s database tool works, because there are more people who have claimed rows.

With positive vibes, admiration, and respect to Deep Hurting who had a different link. :blush: :sunny:

1 Like

Yeah, that’s fair. KISS, right?

2 Likes

Clever! For the first time I wish I could double-like a comment.
(For those of you who don’t know, my last name is actually Kiss–I think it no longer displays in my profile.)

1 Like

Yeah, I thought it was a komodo dragon. More broadly some type of monitor lizard. Not an iguana from South America. Not from the Caribbean either.

My zoologist Mom says it’s a goanna from Australia. Like a komodo dragon but leaner with stripey arms.

0:033:00 Stock footage of an Australian goanna.

3 Likes

Nice one!

1 Like

61:02 Jim bringing Paul coffee

I keep thinking much of this film is a death dream. The camera lens waters over several times, and at least two times the characters have coffee beyond the watered over lens. They fainted in the diving bell. Paul was without air for a not negligible time. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE?!? THEN WHAT???

I don’t totally have a sense of pace for the film to create an arc of riffs about the death dreams yet. I’m just tuned in to water scope and the knowledge of a real diving bell experiment that ended in death.

I think it’s mostly Dale’s death dream. She got dumped before a life ending trip and what does any of it matter anyway?

2 Likes

Stray thought – do diving bells have air locks like space ships?

2 Likes