Let's play Calvinball!

We need to get the rules straight, of course. I don’t remember all of them, but I’m sure you all can help me.

Here’s the ones I remember-

• There are seven bases but you have to go backwards from base 4 to base 3.

• No one may touch the quarterback unless he’s standing on the touchdown mound.

• Croquet mallets can only be used during the fifth inning, but only in self-defense.

9 Likes

The score is still Q to 12.

7 Likes

If you’re interested, the Board of Directors of The Super-Secret, Pseudo-Private, Regular Lounge™ is considering installing a Calvinball court.

5 Likes

You forgot the first and only permanent rule of Calvinball:

You can’t play it the same way twice!

9 Likes

I think you’ll find it’s oogy to boogy

5 Likes

What’s in retrograde right now? I’m pretty sure that makes a big difference.

3 Likes

And it’s a full moon this weekend.

Pretty sure you need a tennis racket to play this game.

4 Likes

Doesn’t defining rules for Calvinball defeat the purpose of Calvinball?

8 Likes

As soon as you define rules, they’ve changed.

5 Likes

roddy1

roddy2

Rowdy Roddy Piper on the ethos of Calvinball.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Well, you evaded the Zlorf queen, flew past the tyrannosaurus as a pterodactyl, navigated your way through a world without perspective, and made it to first base, but you forgot to recite a poem praising tigers’ hunting prowess, so I’ll have to dock you three points.

3 Likes

But that lands me on a green square, so I sink your battleship!

3 Likes

Guys! You aren’t playing right! I’m gonna take my lacrosse sticks and go home!

2 Likes

I’ll see your lacrosse sticks, and raise you one-seventh of a gross of water balloons!

2 Likes

Hey! No making extra teammates out of snow goons!

4 Likes

Are we still required to have a month-old (minimum) pickled herring stuffed in our left sock or is that only in months with 5 Thursdays?

2 Likes

Months with five Thursdays and a state holiday in Luxembourg. Otherwise, you can make due with kippers.

3 Likes

Wait, are we playing Calvinball or Fizzbin?

2 Likes

I always understood that if William Shatner and money were involved, it’s Fizbin, otherwise it’s Calvinball. Which makes distinguishing between the two at a professional level difficult.

2 Likes