Let's Talk Baseball

The Mets score first vs. Cleveland, 1-0.
This is the first time in 2 weeks they’ve scored first.
13 games is a team record for games with the opposition scoring first.

1 Like

Idiot relief pitchers!

1 Like

Yes. However, Ottavino was pitching his 4th time in 6 days and Robertson his 4th time in 5.
The starters’ inability to go deep into games has been affecting the bullpen.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I’m too pissed for excuses, you have a job, do it!! :angry:

:smile: and homer, homer… back in front. Vogelbach on base, keep it up…

Oh, and BTW, in the 9th… HOLD THAT LEAD!!!

Edit and thank you Robertson for not making me blow another gasket. Phew, I can breathe until the next one.

1 Like

And they held on. A blown save and a win for Robertson.
Tonight’s game is on ESPN so I’ll have to listen to the radio feed, which isn’t so bad.

1 Like

I love to listen to games from time to time. It’s a different experience.

I’m happy about the energy the Mets are showing on the field. They are finding ways to win and not giving up.

I’m over tired and short of temper (it’s been weeks since I’ve had a good night sleep), but this one was more soothing. Great starting pitching, didn’t need to rely on a bunch of relievers. Though we hit into a couple of double plays, and that made me grind my teeth, we got just enough runs to win it close.

But how did we get that third out at the end? We hit a guy with a pitch and put him on first. Then I heard the double play… but then it cut to 3 outs, end of game. Looking at the box, it seems they (the MLB site) missed an out, which came before the guy got hit?

I’ll have to watch the highlights when they post them

But won 'em both. What a glorious day!

Unfortunately, the Mariners lost to the Braves in a close one, but thankfully the Giants downed the Marlins, so we’re tied with them. (I’m gonna be a Rockies & Dodgers fan for these next series)

2 Likes

The double play ended the game - there was one out already. I don’t remember how Raley got that out.

2 Likes

Rockies get blown out a third time by the Rangers, this time 13-3.

Ouch.

It’s just not any fun watching these games.

1 Like

Reading this piece on Power Rankings

Mets and Mariners finish outside the top 10.

And they had to bring up the M’s 116-win season. What a bittersweet year, they actually had me seriously believing we were World Series bound… The Mariners, the mother lovin’ M’s were going to be champio-- uh, well, um - but at least we made it to the big game and fought valiantly and… uh, well, um, so that’s a no then.

That’s our Mariners. I think if they ever do go to the series, I’ll drop dead from shock.

Mets have a day of rest, Mariners are taking on the As in about an hour in a half.

1 Like

I guess the Rockies should be thankful they aren’t dead last.

The Rays are playing some amazing baseball this season.

1 Like

Come on Colorado! Homer to take the lead. And the Dodgers are beating the Braves. Crossing fingers.

Mariners are off to a hot start, 5-0 after 2

Edit: DAMN SKIPPY! The Mets thank you (just keep winning NY)

And the M’s are doing their thing - 6-0 in the 6th.

1 Like

Rocks managed to get the win. 5-2 over the Marlins.

1 Like

The Marlins have been winning with smoke and mirrors. It’s likely they’ll fade fast.

1 Like

I hate when the Braves get clobbered by former Braves players. Funny that this whole “balanced schedule” thing is making me see so many of my old heroes in different uniforms

1 Like

Not baseball, but a quick shout out to another Colorado team - the NBA Nuggets swept the Lakers (who kept them out of the championship in 4 previous finals matchups), they are finally going to the big dance. Good for them

Now back to our regularly scheduled baseball thread. :wink:

1 Like

Yep, just saw that. Not a basketball fan, but good for them!!

(especially after all of the trash talk they’ve endured during the playoffs)

1 Like

Phillies down 5-0 and down to their last strike manage to tie it up and then win it in the 10th to avoid being swept by the Diamondbacks.

Now on the road to face the Braves, Mets, and Nationals in the next 10 days.

1 Like

Looking for the Mets to get back on track tonight against the Cubs. Senga vs. Stroman.
At least Gary Sanchez (who still has Yankee stink on him, along with not being a very good player) isn’t catching tonight.

1 Like

Yes you don’t want to be downwind from Yankees Stadium :stadium:

1 Like