Let's Talk Baseball

Rockies currently losing 4-zip to Arizona. We’ve managed five hits, but couldn’t do anything with them.

1 Like

Mets and Mariners both win

It was a pitching duel in Seattle. And coming off one of his worst games ever 5 days ago, young George Kirby pitches one of his finest. 8 innings, only 3 hits, 7 strikeouts.

Game went into the 10th and we got a great hit into the outfield, runner on second scores.

After getting spanked the last 2 games, the M’s avoid the sweep and win 1-0! (plus, we finally shut down Judge… lord that guy was a thorn in our side, but tonight, no hits, one intentional walk in the 9th)

1 Like

Rocks dropped the entire series to the Diamondbacks and it wasn’t even close.

7-5 (which sounds good, but our runs all came in the first two innings)
5-1
6-0

1 Like

Mets Phillies series finale at 1PM today. I hope a sweep is in order for the Mets!

1 Like

Phillies continue their race to the bottom of the NL East.

They go to play the Nats over the weekend, being only one game ahead of the Nats and playing like forking shirt I’m guessing by the end of Sunday they will be in last place.

1 Like

Thanks Phillies!

1 Like

:broom:

Nice to see Canha wake up.

(sorry Phillies fans, hate to hurt a pal… but we just had to, especially after what happened in Colorado)

2 Likes

5 shutouts today… 2 of those happened to my teams - not a run to be had between the M&Ms.

1 Like

:broom:

Now the Mets get swept, man Senga didn’t last long.

M’s on the verge of getting swept.

1 Like

Rockies couldn’t do anything against Arizona, but we apparently have Kanasa City’s number.

1 Like

Phew, this was painful, the Rangers put up 16 on the Mariners last night, and scored 12 today.

:disappointed:

1 Like

Phillies were tied for last place for a day but managed to win their last 2 games against the Nats keeping them out of the cellar, so… yay?

2 Likes

The Mets are having a very schizophrenic year.

2 Likes

Even though I know the Mariners are not World Series bound, it’s still nice to get a win like this.

Listening to the radio on my commute, a first pitch HR in the 8th, radio guys are having a blast with that. Then we manufacture another run and beat the Padres 4-1.

Just the picture-perfect game too. We made the opposing pitchers throw a lot, really tired them out. Our pitching was great, our bats were steady, It’s the kind of play I wish they were capable of on a regular basis.

Mets? The losing streak continues, and against the east leading Braves… that’s no way to catch the leader, guys. And we are back behind the Marlins again, who are on a hot streak.

1 Like

Phillies get a lead off home run, and that was all the scoring in the game.

1 Like

Listening to the Mets vs. Braves today because I can’t bear to watch. They’re ahead so far.

LATER: Well, Scherzer had 1 or 2 good starts and it looked like he might be returning to form, but he’s back to being ineffective again.

1 Like

I missed the game but looking at the box and after a few scoreless innings it all went to hell in handbag for Scherzer didn’t it?

And the M’s fell back to Earth, “no consistency” should be Seattle’s new motto. (Which would be better than the team motto the Bronco’s unveiled today… “Uncommon” :laughing:)

2 Likes

We’re so imaginative, aren’t we? LOL!

2 Likes

Phillies Tigers game postponed due to bad air quality in Philly. Not sure they will get it in tomorrow either since the air quality is not supposed to improve until Friday when the Dodgers come to Philly.

2 Likes

Someone hung up a Mariners poster in the mens employee’s bathroom, right above the urinal. I have to say it’s rather disconcerting to have Luis Castillo, with a big ol grin plastered on his face, looking back at you while you’re trying to have a pee. lol

1 Like