Let's Talk Monty Python

Monty Python gets brought up a lot here, but we don’t have a thread to talk about them! Let’s silly walk and silly talk about Python!

My personal favorite Python sketch is “Confuse-A-Cat.”

What’s yours? Do you have a favorite sketch? What about a favorite Python or Python-adjacent movie? Do you have any cheese at all in this shop? Is the parrot really dead?

12 Likes

That’s my favorite as well.

2 Likes

STOP THAT!

STOP THAT!

Silly.

This thread is very silly.

11 Likes

Oh no! It’s a vicious gang of Keep Left signs!

3 Likes

WE WUZ TOO LATE

2 Likes
7 Likes

5 Likes

I was always keen on the Dirty Fork sketch, myself.

It gets to such ridiculous extremes, and I always lose it at “NO, MUNGO! NEVER KILL A CUSTOMER!”

And the punchline is impossibly brilliant.

8 Likes

Just every piece of Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl. Pure brilliance.

6 Likes

I wish I could remember what show it was, but (maybe in the 90s?) there was a show that interviewed all the Pythons and they brought out an urn that supposedly had Graham Chapman’s ashes and later on knocked it over. It was so funny.

8 Likes

And we even have our own local chapter!

6 Likes

Michael Palin ahead of Graham Chapman by a wisp-thin sliver of a margin of a difference.

5 Likes

*wafer-thin

9 Likes

NO, YOU DON’T GET ANY WAFERS WITH IT

3 Likes

I saw the Live (Mostly) show in a theater in 2014 and it was just absolutely everything you’d want.

6 Likes

Well what flavor is it?

3 Likes

IT’S BLEEDING SEABIRD BLEEDING FLAVORED!

4 Likes

I am no longer…infected.

7 Likes

Holy Grail is tops in my books as far as favorite Monty Python movies go, naturally, but my first brush with Monty Python was And Now for Something Completely Different, so that’ll always have a soft spot in my heart.

3 Likes

I said, “my nipples explode with delight!” to my daughter the other day. She was very confused.

4 Likes