Link me! Where to find the Satellite of Love on the world wide worbit, er in orbit.

I’ve done a bit of searching here for similar threads, but haven’t seen a ‘comprehensive’ (pfft) list of sites dedicated to MST3K and tangential (I would conside MST3K only, but also think puppeteering, performance, creator/cast/crew personal sites etc)

Some of the easiest ones, just a few:
Here
There.
Everywhere

Are you in the club?

The Wiki:

A lot that you can find on YouTube (I won’t link to, I know no copyright infringement is ever intended, and a comprehensive list, yow…)

A thought-- Even in the spirit of Keep Circulating the Tapes, I’m not sure where some entanglements may occur, so a mod might step in and yank one or two here? Dunno.

Also older text sites, bot/prop sites, interview, performance, tour, nostalgia, alt media etc… a surprising number are still up if not active. Add in Shout Factory, RiffTrax, The Mads Are Back, Mary Jo Pehl’s fantastic show, CT, etc etc…

Got links you favor? New fans might like to know… curmudgeons too :wink:

4 Likes

:innocent:

5 Likes

a little shameless self-promotion never hurt anyone, eh?

1 Like

Who said it was shameless? :sob:

3 Likes

WE’VE GOT TANGENT SIGN!!!

I also want to point out a couple of ‘educational sites’ to folks who haven’t given them a look, and will go easy with two up front. (I could do a site of sites just on this topic- I train new hires in a few traditional art/cg disciplines and have a lot in this area)

Master Class (Steve Martin, Nancy Cartwright, David Sedaris, Neil Gaiman, David Lynch, Jodie Foster, Natalie Portman-- just to name a few)

Stan Winston School (fabrication, mold/cast, design, puppets, sculpture, animatronics, etc etc)
https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/

A friend’s puppetry site/school:
https://academy.secretsofpuppetry.com/

2 Likes

Hey your Gamera Vs. Viras was quite funny! I was always shocked they never did that one on the show as it was my favorite of the Showa era.

2 Likes

Months ago someone posted a link for the new bot building forum, and now I’m having a hard time finding it.

2 Likes

I think you meant the write-up I did. But, just in case, for future readers of our posts who might not have all of the context, the Gamera vs Viras fanvid was done by Brayton Conner and pals:

3 Likes

Club MST3K is an amazing resource. I just realized today that when I think of MST3K, I think of that all-too-yellow page. I don’t know where I’d go for a comprehensive episode list if it folded. The couple days it was down last year were unsettling.

I do know there are other lists out there, but I don’t want them. Gimme my Club Mistie!

4 Likes

found the link to the new bot building forum:

1 Like

Mmmmbot.

2 Likes

Ultimately I’d like a more solid costume/prop/bot presence here too.

2 Likes

There’s one MST3K resource that I absolutely love. I mean, yeah, there’s a lot of great stuff out there that I dig such as the Satellite News and the MST3K Fandom site and whatnot…

… but Tom’s Temple of MST3K Stuff? WOW. You’re gonna find an encyclopedic collection of information (image and text) on the show there. The History section is AMAZING. As resources go, it’s invaluable.

Tom’s Temple of MST3K Stuff

3 Likes

I gather that after a year or more of abandonment by its owner and steadily becoming overrun by spammers, Club MST3K dot com is no more.

:cry: I can no longer bring the site up on either browser I use. And google locked me out of my former account months ago, citing security issues.

A moment of silence, please.

Red Wine GIF

5 Likes

the way back machine has it

4 Likes

On one hand, it was a fantastic resource, especially for the significant number of episodes that couldn’t be distributed in the past, and I’m going to miss it.

On the other, the timing is pretty perfect, in a way, lining up with the launch of the Gizmoplex. All but a handful of episodes are available legally, ad-free (at least for now) and in the best quality possible with subtitles.

5 Likes

It went down similarly a couple of years ago… there’s a small chance it might spring back up.

2 Likes

While I’m glad to support the Gizmoplex as much as I can, I still like the idea of a place where “tapes could still circulate” gratis for people who can’t afford it right now. There was also a great compendium of side projects by the various creators, convention footage, fan-made tributes, etc.

3 Likes

http://www.gizmoplex.com seems pretty legit.

2 Likes

Yes I agree… it was the best source for that side material and I hope it comes back!

3 Likes