Livestream aftershow for season 14

As much as I like Matt McGinnis, who else thinks that the livestream after show should just always be “The Stinger” with Tim Ryder?

2 Likes

Mostly depends on Paramore’s creative output, honestly.

12 Likes

Still let by Matt. And Tim just trying to FORCE the unnamed post show to always be The Stinger and discuss our mutual love of the band Paramore.

It’s the perfect running gag to make a “generic post show name and format” idea irrelevant. And just springboards you RIGHT INTO THE HEART of these goofy goobers and their personalities and the rapport they have amongst each other…

2 Likes

We could break down the whole discography, and the expanded edition/reissue bonus tracks, like my personal faves “o star” and “pressure (live from Anaheim)” off All We Know is Falling

I think Tim and Matt should alternate, vying for points and favor to determine a grand champion for the season.

4 Likes

:thinking: I was hoping there’d be more pie.

6 Likes

But I thought the points didn’t mean anything?

After the original posting I came up with a similar idea. Because Matt is a good host, as far as keeping conversations going. Tim is funnier and more charismatic.

I will be hosting the season 14 after show. It will be called Pennies From Devon. It will mostly consist of me throwing pennies at @timryder with some very special guests pleading with me to stop.

14 Likes

Wait. Pleading with you to stop? :smiley:

2 Likes

Whoops! Typo. But I’ll save your prosciutto for you.

Pasta Penne GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

2 Likes

Where’s the typo. I honestly don’t see it.

1 Like

I’m just doing, uh… cheesy wordplay. Don’t mind me.

(penne for pennies)

(In a better world, we could all have pasta for breakfast and our meddling doctors would just stay out of it.)

2 Likes

I’m only inviting guests who like Tim. There need to be stakes.

4 Likes

Ahhh. That joke is too sophisticated for me. But I’ll throw penne at Tim. I’ll throw whatever the people want me to throw at him.

A suggestion…
episode 7 technology GIF

2 Likes

The All-Black-Turtleneck After-Show has potential. Everyone can try to out-pretentious everyone else. (“I’ve been recording MY LIFE in PASTELS!!”)

I’m more a mock-turtleneck proponent myself, though. They’re more comfortable.

1 Like

I’ll take any All Black after show I can get.

4 Likes

I loved James Baldwin’s The Devil Finds Work, and the audience’s reaction therein to The Defiant Ones’ ending is basicly riffing. So sure. I’ll tune in. :popcorn:

1 Like