LIVESTREAM OPEN THREAD: Blood Waters of Dr Z! Also: Got questions for the cast?

Tonight’s Mindless Summer livestream event features season 10 episode BLOOD WATERS OF DR. Z, watched by Joel Hodgson, Jonah Ray, Nate Begle, Tim Ryder, and as always, our stalwart Matt McGinnis!

Got questions for the cast? Ask them below and we may include them in tonight’s event!

Sashay through the Sargasso with us starting at 5pm PT / 8pm ET on our YouTube and Twitch channels. Hope to see you there!

PS: Don’t forget, for a limited time we’ve got MINDLESS SUMMER MERCH available!

SummerMerchSocial

13 Likes

For those who want a little background on the fish monster …

6 Likes

A question for Jonah:
You seemed to have stepped into the role of host/test case effortlessly, but without any prior experience on the show. What is it that you feel prepared you most for taking on that role?

6 Likes

At just the right moment… ATTACK!

Question for everyone: What MST3K movies do you kind of like on their own?

4 Likes

For Jonah: what’s your favorite Invention Exchange from seasons 11 and 12?

4 Likes

For everyone: If you could create your own robot pal to riff with, what would they be? What kind of personality would they have?

4 Likes

The Kickstarter update says Joel’s going to be there tonight. True or typo?

1 Like

Question for everyone:

Before working on the show, you probably had some idea about how things worked behind the scenes.
Is there any part of working on the show that you found shockingly different from how you had imagined it would be?

(This question could probably use some editing, but I hope it at least makes sense.)

3 Likes

For Jonah:

Have you, or Jonah Heston, ever partaken in cannabis? 😮‍💨

1 Like

True! I wasn’t sure if he was confirmed when I made this post.

7 Likes

For anyone: Who made the music that plays on the livestream before the countdown? We dig it over here.

4 Likes

That is The Skeleton Crew and Har Mar Superstar:
https://mst3k.fandom.com/wiki/The_Skeleton_Crew

2 Likes

Freebird!!!

2 Likes

It’s got a real modern but artsy-craftsy vibe, right? We like it very much!

2 Likes

@Lesley, any chance the endless summer art is available as a wallpaper or zoom background? That’s some hot, hot summer wallpaper potential.

4 Likes

Wow, Jonah laying down the facts!

3 Likes

Question for Jonah - How long have you been a drummer/percussionist and how many instruments do you play?

3 Likes

Seconded! :banjo:

1 Like

I’ll ask – I bet we can make that happen.

3 Likes

@Lesley - for the cast, what movie genres are their favorites? Me, I love anything with a monster in it. Big or small, love them cheesy monsters. What about them? (What do you think, sirs?)

2 Likes