LIVESTREAM OPEN THREAD: Catalina Caper! Drop your questions for the cast below!

Tonight’s Mindless Summer livestream event features that season 2 classic beach romp with incompetent art thieves, CATALINA CAPER, watched by Felicia Day, Rebecca Hanson, Baron Vaughn, Conor McGiffin, and as always, our intrepid Matt McGinnis!

Got questions for the cast? Ask them below and we may include them in tonight’s event!

Don your best Mindless Summer merch and join the scuba party with us starting at 5pm PT / 8pm ET on our YouTube and Twitch channels. Hope to see you there!

11 Likes

Hate that I’ll probably be missing watching this live. May have everything wrapped up to catch the end?

Probably a dumb question but how long before the replay is available?

Take care y’all

2 Likes

MindlessSummer4

10 Likes

Ill be the same, starting work early tomorrow, so what with pesky timezones, I’ll have to catch the replay. Should be up on youtube within 24 hours from what I have seen so far.

I do wanna ask a question : If the cast could be a superhero, what would be their hero name and powers? on the off chance this is asked, my name is pronounced day-sha- boy lol.

3 Likes

Hi guys will you ever come to the UK???

5 Likes

In your opinion, why is ‘Creepy Girl’ the most underappreciated American Classic of all time?

6 Likes

Here’s a question for everyone-- which song from today’s experiment was your favorite?

3 Likes

How many goofballs would a goofball goof if little richard didn’t eat all the goofballs first?

3 Likes

As MST’ed movies go, Catalina Caper (to me, at least) isn’t that bad. Are there any experiments that you actually enjoyed on their own merits, and not as “So bad they’re good”?

2 Likes

First question. Why pray for Twiki, but not the Mads? Just askin’

1 Like

I think Catalina Caper was the first episode I recorded on VHS, but I missed the very beginning and didn’t know the title until a few years later (I’m old, and it was before the internet and IMDB). It’s always been one of my favorites for the silliness, the songs, the Stinky Guy, Creepy Girl, and the Crayola Hat guy.
My question is how hard was it for the guys to sing just a little off key during the “Can’t Sing” song?

2 Likes

Didn’t really know anything about Tommy Kirk and just read his Wiki bio. Not sure I did before, but I’ll never say a bad thing about the guy from now on. He’s even still living, what a trip.

Before the last time I watched Catalina Caper, I had just seen the documentary “Hollywood’s Magical Island” and it explains about the ferry and why all those kids are diving around it as it arrived on the island. Crap… it was on Hoopla when I watched it, but now you have to pay apparently :frowning: I would tentatively say it’s worth $3

3 Likes

When creating songs for the show (like “Creepy Girl”) is the process easier or harder versus coming up with riffs?

1 Like

For any and all of the cast; who has the harder job, the people who are portraying brand new characters (Felicia/Kinga) or the ones taking on an already established character (Conor/Servo, Baron/Servo and Rebecca/GPC)?

4 Likes

Have you ever accidentally (or purposely) broken a bot or other prop? If so, how would you rate the experience?

2 Likes

A question for all. Who in the Alternaversal family is the best cook, and why did you pick Beez?

4 Likes

A repeat question from last week’s livestream: what are everyone’s favorite genres to riff? I love a monster movie, but what do all of you like? You too this time, @mattmcg22!

1 Like

Catalina Caper is one of my favorite episodes, even though I am a huge SciFi nerd. I am really excited for this one. The best part of the summer live streams has been watching Conor watching the episodes. His reactions are great.

My question for the cast has nothing to do with that:
Is there a difference in the writing process between the live show and the new season?

2 Likes

MST3K quotes have made their way into regular parlance for my husband and me. Which quotes do you use in the real world? Wyswysia (wis-wis-ee-ah) respectfully inquires.

5 Likes