Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's... the moon? What's up with the moon, anyway? It's the "What's Up with the Moon" Mods' Choice Community Watch Party series!

Every now and then, we come face-to-face with the major questions that have puzzled deep thinkers for ages:

“What’s the deal with airline food?”
“Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?”
“Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?”

We don’t have answers for those. Well, we don’t have good and/or correct answers, anyway.

But when posed with another big question, “What’s up with the moon?”, we can reply with a resounding “OOH, OOH, OOH, WE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS ONE!”

MSTies, we’re proud to present the upcoming Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party series, “What’s Up with the Moon?”

Every other Friday at 8PM EDT*, your forum moderators will be hosting a totally unofficial and completely unsanctioned Watch Party in these very forums! And because we’re pondering the central question of “what’s up with the moon,” these watchalongs will feature a common theme: MST3K episodes that have some kind of focus on lunar lunacy.

The selected episodes for these Watch Party events will be classic MST3K episodes so that they’re available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at gizmoplex.com.

Regardless of whether or not the moon is full, our viewing lineup will be full of hilarious moon-themed episodes!

THRILL as a space exploration team sets up a post on the moon in Project Moonbase, featuring TWO chapters of Radar Men from the Moon!

MARVEL at the exploits of a hotshot moon pilot who squares off with an unscrupulous tycoon in Moon Zero Two!

CHEER as everyone’s favorite brawl-happy demigod goes toe-to-toe with lunar enemies in Hercules Against the Moon Men!

WITNESS a celestial calamity threaten the existence of two civilizations as a space rescue team braces for the Crash of the Moons!

TREMBLE as an archaeological madman unleashes monstrous horrors with the arrival of each full moon in Werewolf!

GASP as a falling moon rock transforms a mild-mannered mineralogist into an inhuman creature in Track of the Moon Beast!

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that’s amoré, and there’s plenty to love about enjoying these classic episodes with your fellow MSTies in our “What’s Up with the Moon?” Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party events!

So, join us, won’t you?

Tentative Watch Party viewing dates*:

Project Moonbase : Friday, April 21st at 8PM EDT
Moon Zero Two : Friday, May 5th at 8PM EDT
Hercules Against the Moon Men : Friday, May 19th at 8PM EDT
Crash of the Moons : Friday, June 2nd at 8PM EDT
Werewolf : Friday, June 16th at 8PM EDT
Track of the Moon Beast : Friday, June 30th at 8PM EDT

* Event dates are subject to change (the moon CAN be fickle like that).

Credit for the Watch Party moon theme concept goes to our very own @EBK, and artwork credit goes to our very own @MichaelRobertson!

16 Likes

I wonder if there’s beer on the moon.

12 Likes

YAY!!!

7 Likes

It’s times like this I wish the “Who Built The Moon?” website was still active. But there’s always the archive:

5 Likes

10 Likes

He’s the hero we deserve, and also maybe probably kinda sorta somewhat the one we need until he gets all screechy and, well, Mooney.

7 Likes

Wait…I was under the impression that the Moon was, in fact, made of cheese.

Have…have I been LIED TO??? :scream:

9 Likes

MOON, that spells MST3K!

8 Likes

The draconian presence of Big Dairy is everywhere.

EVERYWHERE.

6 Likes

Sorry, yes. It’s a vegan cheese substitute. Mostly chickpeas, I think.

5 Likes

Dwight Office Tv GIF by The Office

I’m there.
(For most of them. Can’t make the first one. :disappointed:)

8 Likes

I’ll probably have to miss the May 19 gathering… :frowning:

I’ll be here in spirit…

3 Likes

Just hit up @optiMSTie on the forums sometime—he can quote the whole episode to you.

5 Likes

Eh, I’m used to it.

Trader Joe’s had a fantastic vegan nacho dip before THEY RANDOMLY GOT RID OF IT.

I sent a very sternly-worded email.

6 Likes

It’s true. I can reenact the whole thing a la the stage performance of The Empire Strikes Back in the “oh noes dragons be errywhere” actioner Reign of Fire.

7 Likes

There’s a full moon on May 5th, so I kinda want to suggest you swap Werewolf and Moon Zero Two.

4 Likes

Are these all in streaming circulation? Like I could pull it up on Pluto or SFTV?

2 Likes

They’re all available for free at Gizmoplex.com, or folks who have them downloaded can watch their own copies.

5 Likes

If Pluto is a requirement for you, I see four of them there (missing Crash of the Moons and Werewolf).

Correction: Actually they are all on Pluto. A search for “MST3K” doesn’t bring everything up.

4 Likes

Perfect!

4 Likes