Looking for friends to hang with virtually

Hey there! I just updated my profile here, hoping to make friendly connections with common interests. I love scifi movies and TV. I’ve been playing WoW and Diablo and would love to find people to play with. Currently unemployed and going back to school - it’s all distance learning now so I’m home all day long with lots of free time on my hands. I’m on and off discord all day long but it’s not the same as having someone to play games with and watch movies with, you know?

Anyways just putting this out there. :peace_symbol::green_heart::movie_camera:

P.s. not looking for dating or romance, I’m in a committed relationship with the love of my life. Just looking for friends to hang with in my free time.
:coffee::beers::dash:

6 Likes

There is a running Pathfinder game going in the group.

I’m not sure where they are right now with needing players, but it might be worth contacting @TheHippy if you are interested in joining.

6 Likes

We also have many watch-along events here, where many forum members watch the same MST3k episode in sync and have a blast riffing and commenting.

6 Likes

But didn’t you know that the D in MSD3K stands for Dating?

(This is because we spend a great time using radioisotopes to determine the ages of things.)

7 Likes

friends to hang with virtually

Hey, that’s us!

7 Likes

We have room at the table for more players, if you are into fantasy RPG. You don’t even have to know the Pathfinder rules specifically, we have a great group of players who are always willing to help.

4 Likes

Great news, you’re doing it already! Seriously though, some of us are here… a lot. So, if you hang out here regularly, you’re sure to develop some virtual friendships. Many of the lovely folks here I don’t know their real name or what they look like but I would take a bullet for them. Somewhere non-fatal. A small bullet.

9 Likes

Bonus points with us if you’re weird, which results in creativity. :wink:

10 Likes

And you are one creative mammajamma, EBK.

7 Likes

This place is the best form of Social Media if you ask me.

5 Likes

Same, and by “best” I definitely mean “only non-terrible”!

5 Likes

Kristen Bell Nbc GIF by The Good Place

7 Likes

I’ve made some good friends on here and even meet some people IRL!! We have a watchalong tonight 7 central time! Join us, won’t you?

Join Us Mystery Science Theater 3000 GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

Oh that’s very interesting! Back in about 2013 or so I bought the Pathfinder books and started looking for Pathfinder group and not to derail from the thread but, the group I found online said they were starting a new game of Pathfinder and we’re looking for new players to join their group and when I called them up they said “oh sorry we stopped playing Pathfinder and we’re not taking new players anymore” and that was as close as I ever got to playing Pathfinder lol. :grin::v:

3 Likes

That sounds awesome! When do you all get together to play?

3 Likes

Haha :joy:
Big bullets are bad m’kay?

3 Likes

It is play by post, so we don’t have a schedule, and just post to the thread when we can. The rules have a 24 hour grace period for responses, although we seldom run into that limit. When players (or their humble GM) are going to be gone longer than that they can just notify the thread and either have someone else take over their actions while they are out, or just delegate their actions to the party as a whole.

4 Likes

I’m a noisy audience member and occasional NPC - let me tell you, the Pathfinder game is extremely fun and surprisingly addictive.

2 Likes

This is fascinating.

So I could read the posts, get caught up in a game, and then wright up a post about my turn? Sort of like asynchronous roleplay. :smile:

Is there a thread here on this forum or is there another website where you guys play?

4 Likes

As a misanthrope, I hate all of you.

But it isn’t personal.

4 Likes