Looks like the new app has launched and Spoilers reveal of the first episode of season 13

Looks pretty good there. Another step on the road to Gizmoplex.

9 Likes

I saw that. The usual offenders are there, though some of them are still on DVD. Perhaps some of these aren’t available due to streaming rights?

2 Likes

In preparation, I have been testing out my Samsung smart tv and iPhone AirPlay connections… I found twitch works great, but shoutfactorytv will not play the MST stream.

I can watch Carol Burnett all day long.

But the MST stream won’t cast to my tv…

Anyone else try this? Or have a similar issue?

3 Likes

Roku App is there. I’m using it right now.

5 Likes

Just installed it on the Roku and all my VHX collection came over seamlessly.

That’ll put some sooky in your dooky!

6 Likes

Naver had I imagined such power obtainable…

5 Likes

I was able to get it installed and working on my Android TV device and it works like a charm.

5 Likes

Going by your avatar, surely you are an android device?

7 Likes

Already installed the app on my iPad mini and my family’s Roku, so I’m all set!

5 Likes

Roku app is live

3 Likes

The digital episodes and Blu rays were separate purchases for season 12. I just got the blus, and didn’t pay for them digitally (until I bought them during the 2021 Kickstarter).

3 Likes

Okay, so someone help me out here. I installed the iOS app and created an account, and it seems to be working. Then I found the email with my Gizmoplex pass from the Kickstarter, and that link took me to https://mst3k.vhx.tv/, where I was already signed in with the same information.

So that means I’m good for the new episodes when they launch, right?

4 Likes

There’s just one problem, though. What’s the different between the Visitor Pass and the Season Pass? I clearly remember that I upgraded my 3 month pass to the Season Pass on BackerKit, and yet there’s the Visitor Pass on VHX.

3 Likes

There are different passes? My kickstarter page says “Gizmoplex Pass: 12 Months.”

3 Likes

You should be good to go, then!

My only question so far—and I realize they’re still ironing out the kinks—is will we still need to go into a purchased package (Ultimate Collection, etc.) and scroll through to watch individual episodes or will they eventually be accessible from the Classic Seasons pages? My options currently are scroll through the collections (which have a good bit of overlap) or search for a specific episode. There are currently no episodes playable from the Classic Seasons pages and no way to set up a chronological hierarchy that I can find.

Nitpicking, though. Loving it regardless.

5 Likes

When I first looked this morning the episodes I own were listed in the classic seasons pages but now they’re not, so they must be working on something related to the classic seasons.

4 Likes

Ah, very good. They were empty by the time I first logged in this afternoon, so I’ll just cool my jets and let them get things hammered out.

3 Likes

well, poopies, it’s not on fireTV (yet?)!

5 Likes

Kicking the tires now…

Will update later.

Update 1: after watching a short, “Young Man’s Fancy “, watching “Eegah” for the first time in a long time without the weird out of sync issues the episode has on PlutoTV… the closed captions miss-spelled Saab, but otherwise so far so good?

Update 2: stepped away for a bit… went to resume playing “Eegah” and the only option to resume was “Young Man’s Fancy” which I’d finished, and “Eegah” wasn’t listed? Had to remember what collection “Eegah” was in, scroll to it, then select it then resume? Sub-optimal?

It sure would be nice if all the episodes we owned were listed together? The current view is a PITA? The app really needs a full list view of episodes we own together, grouped by season preferably?

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like