#MakeMoreMST3K Weekly Update, August 16-20: Challenge Coin Updates!

It’s that time of the week again – time for your weekly update! We’ve got survey info and challenge coin updates and lots more! Share your feedback and questions below. Thanks, friends.

12 Likes

Those Challenge Coins look great, and so do the 3D glasses! And also, reward survey starts next week?! YES!!! Thanks Lesley!

5 Likes

Thanks, Lesley—you rock.

2 Likes

Ooo love the designs for the various coins. Can’t wait to see the final version in my hot little hands.

Nice to meet Storm.

Such fun with the movie rights. Oi! Someone check @mattmcg22 and make sure he’s not crying in a corner somewhere.

Another great update, thanks @Lesley

4 Likes

I want to know the dimensions of the coins.
And I may have to buy a coin case to keep mine in.

I don’t really want all 4.

But I want to make sure my coin is safe!

So maybe I’ll buy some bulk coin holders, and see if you MSTies would throw in for shipping on these. Idk, maybe I’m the only one who doesn’t want al four, or who would want something to keep the coins in… we shall see!

3 Likes

I’m now really curious how often this difficulty with rights issues happened on the original run. I’m reminded of how it took them years to get the rights to A Case of Spring Fever, and in the meantime put an entire host segment referencing it into Bride of the Monster, well aware how slim the odds were that anyone would know what they were talking about.

2 Likes

Ok, so the coins are special, and you can buy any coin below your current pledge level, but regardless of your pledge level, you can buy all four coins?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I should add that I have no problem with this, other than finding it confusing.

2 Likes

It’s not the cleanest, I’ll admit. :slight_smile: But yes, the thing we wanted to avoid was people JUST buying the top coins by themselves, which would make them less of a “get” for people who had gotten them by grabbing higher pledge levels.

So, if you want coins ABOVE your level, the only way is to get a complete set. BELOW your level, you can add them individually.

7 Likes

Ok, that makes more sense! Thanks, Ivan!

I love the designs, by the way.

5 Likes

STORM. That story about George R.R. Martin and the guitar had me screaming.

2 Likes

I’m hoping that the coins will come in capsules ?

5 Likes

I wondered about that myself. Otherwise I’ll buy an old school wooden box to display mine in. Like a doubloon or some pirates gold.

3 Likes

Current plan is to include at LEAST plastic capsules, and possibly custom velvet boxes for the higher end coin(s). But we won’t send them without SOME kind of protective casing!

5 Likes

Happy Doctor Who two thumbs up Matt Smith GIF

4 Likes

Bonus points for Pandorica GIFs.

3 Likes

Those challenge coins look mighty nice but I don’t think my bank balance would thank me :rofl:

3 Likes

Are you asking us to be the devil on your shoulder talking you into it, @Eevee?

You know, those coins would look great next to your snow globe, stickers, hoodie, etc. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :innocent:

6 Likes

Look, I resisted the snow globe as well
Stop it :rofl:

5 Likes

Hey, you’re not the only one. I too have a shoulder devil and angel telling me on whether I want the add-on prizes or not. My devil side said “I say BUY THEM!!!”, but then my angel side’s like “but… the prices.”
:smiling_imp: :thinking: :innocent:

5 Likes

Well turns out i’m grabing all four coins.
… Or is that five coins with the one already part of my pledge? How is that going to work?

1 Like