MANOS Filming locations

I haven’t seen anyone else post about this so just throwing it out there that Youtuber Adam the Woo last week did post a vid going over some of the filming locations from MANOS.

It was interesting.

8 Likes

It amazes me that people can find filming locations knowing only the city and having to go on land structures.

This video has several filming locations of MST3K movies, including my favorite, EAT!

2 Likes

it creates fun games.
With the shear number of shows and movies shot in and around Vancouver, friends and I will comment on locations and occasionally playing “You can’t get there from here!” seeing scene transitions from one place to another completely unattached location.

2 Likes

Yeah we have a lot of fun doing that with movies shot here in New Orleans too… One of my favorites is in Deja Vu, he gets on the interstate Downtown, is suddenly on the Atchafalaya Basin (almost 2 hours away) and then is back in the city moments later!

1 Like

I live in Washington, D.C., so of course there are a gazillion movies and TV shows set here, and so it’s always hilarious to point out geographically impossible journeys, or things that are supposed to be the D.C. Metro but aren’t (it has quite an iconic design), or things that are obviously filmed in another city.

3 Likes

Well. I know where according to the X-Files where many “FBI” buildings are… some are just a short walk from where Stargate teams went for off planet missions.

3 Likes

Love Adam the Woo!

Are those petunias?!

The daily woo!!

Hitchcock would be proud!

1 Like

I got this today for Christmas. My daughter and her friend took the time to track down the house and picked me up a couple bricks.

3 Likes

I have mixed feelings about the act of taking the bricks, but that is a cool souvenir nonetheless.

4 Likes

Those bricks look kinda new; they’re from the Manos set?

1 Like

Yes I live about 15 minutes from the location, but it took my daughter and her friend 4 hours to find it because for some odd reason they went to Scenic Drive first. She only took a couple of photos from the location.

3 Likes

To be honest it should have of been hauled it off when it was torn down now it just a trash in the desert.

1 Like

Is that the camera?

1 Like

Wow! Just think – those bricks may very well have been part of the load in Torgo’s pants!

2 Likes

Yes, I took with my phone while the bricks were still in the box . Here is a photo I took with them out of the box.

1 Like

I see now that there’s a shadow that ruins the whole joke. Why do I even bother? My life is a lie!

1 Like